Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you buy Iams?

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy
    Iams is a expensive grocery store food. When Proctor and Gamble bought them out, they dumbed down the formula so they could sell it in the grocery stores and Wal-mart.

We feed Pinnacle Duck and Potato and Merrick either Wilderness Blend or Turducken or Canidae Platinum.
    Mugsy is right as far as when they changed companies- They changed their formula when they went to the grocery store chain in availbility. It use to be a great food, but also originally a granular type, without preservatives, and a good meat source.. It went to heck in a hen basket starting in 1986... That is all I am saying. And I agree- its been discussed many times.

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy
    Iams is a expensive grocery store food. When Proctor and Gamble bought them out, they dumbed down the formula so they could sell it in the grocery stores and Wal-mart.

We feed Pinnacle Duck and Potato and Merrick either Wilderness Blend or Turducken or Canidae Platinum.
    Good I'm glad you don't use Iams!

I don't want this to turn into a debate! If you don't want to participate than don't post! All I'm saying is that Iams is still here and there cruelty wont go forgotten!

PETA's vitriol should NEVER, EVER be confused with truth.

No! I used to buy it 2 times, when they gave free cat-toys (tent and foodboxes). But since I've learned about what they do, I refuse that too
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Never have, never will. I used to feed Nutro but I heard it went to heck in a hen basket also as borzoimom said.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    No! I used to buy it 2 times, when they gave free cat-toys (tent and foodboxes). But since I've learned about what they do, I refuse that too
    Thank you for not buying! Even if I was skeptical about Iams cruelty I still wouldn't buy it. I've never liked Iams, just had a bad feeling about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    please spread the word so others wont buy it either!

I think people should carefully consider their sources of information. Especially for such a case like this.

Mickey came to us on Iams and he was doing fine on it .. we just chose to feed what we fed our last dog.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit
    Never have, never will. I used to feed Nutro but I heard it went to heck in a hen basket also as borzoimom said.
    Nutro added soybean oil to their formula and it caused lots of allergic reactions. They also dumbed down to make sure they can sell at Wal-mart too.

I will say I have never heard that saying in quite that form...but, it's cute!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    I think people should carefully consider their sources of information. Especially for such a case like this.

Mickey came to us on Iams and he was doing fine on it .. we just chose to feed what we fed our last dog.
    I didn't say that Iams was a bad recipe so of course your dog was fine, its what they did for that recipe!

There are some Iams products that I'd like to buy, like that dog gravy for their food, but I refuse. I will never buy Iams products. They test on animals, namely dogs, I've been told by a few sources, and their products are full of corn and fillers.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Wtf they have like the best freaking animal food comercials, there so cute lol.

I don't know if any of this stuff is true or not, I don't buy there food mostly because I don't own a cat or dog lol but even if I did I would usualy just buy whats on sale ... I'll avoid there product tho if I magicaly happen to get a puppy or cat ....

Nope! Not sure if I believe the cruelty thing with Iams, but I wouldn't buy their products either way. I don't like their ingredients, my dogs don't like the food, Kai's allergies flare up on Euk/Iams, it's overpriced, etc.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    I did for a year, then learned of the "cruelty" stop(p )ed and changed to other low-quality brands. After reading a few PT food wars and starting a thread I decided that Nutro would be better.

(mouth drops open) the effect was instant and amazing! After one cup of food (Nutro) her teeth were already noticably whiter. She had less dandruf and shed less. Also I noticed you need to feed less Nutro than you do Iams, proving it's better.

After all that, After reading more PT discussions I found out IMO that PETA wasn't being completely honest. I *might* have changed her back then, had I not seen first hand what crappy quality food it is.

It does seem horrible and the pictures and videos might be real, but I still don't believe most of it. PETA has raised false alarms about many companies before.

Again, all just my opinion.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL