Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 17-year-old son is in the hospital for depression......

My 17-year-old son is in the hospital for depression......

He got expelled from the residential treatment center he was in, after assaulting another youth there. We had to go pick him up last Wednesday night. He was making comments that he wished he were dead, or he wished he would fall off the face of the earth, so we took him to our counselor on Thursday. He wouldn't talk much with the counselor, but did admit that he'd made the statements to me. He also told the counselor that on a suicide risk scale of 1 to 10, with "1" being not at all and "10" being he'd already tried it, that he was probably at a "7". The counselor made some phone calls and got him admitted to the hospital yet that night. We weren't sure how long he would be there, but it looks like he will stay there until they can get him admitted to a longer-term treatment facility now. He's still extremely depressed, and they're watching him very closely. They started him on the antidepressant Effexor on Saturday. He won't talk to them much about any issues, but they said they can tell that he has a lot of anger inside and he has the potential to "explode", which is why they want him somewhere that he can be monitored 24 hours a day for now. He won't be able to come home for Christmas. He won't be able to come home at all now for awhile. He will probably be made a ward of the State at some point, due to the assault charges and the violation of probation associated with that. We know he is safe, and he is where he needs to be, but it is very difficult to go through all of this. Please keep him in your prayers, that God will put the right people in his path to steer him in a more positive direction in his life!

Thanks.
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

wow- you are in my prayers.
    I do not know why this type of thing happens with kids of this age. I do not understand where this anger comes from with normal parents. All I can say is be there for him, and let them try to help him with the medications etc. It's like at some point this switch comes on, and things change. I have a dear friend that has a similar problem with her son out of no where. Advanced in school and it changed in a year. Drugs had something to do with it, but no one knows.
    I will keep you and him in prayers as well as the family. It sounds like he is getting the help he needs.

My 17-year-old son is in the hospital for depression....

I am so sorry & saddened for you & your family.. You are for sure in My Thoughts & Prayers..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Soapets,

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I've suffered from depression for years and it finally came to a head in September. I checked myself into the hospital and they changed my meds. It was the best move I ever made.

Your son is in the right place. Hopefully they will help him get better through counseling and meds.

You, your son and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers honey.

((((HUGS))))

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

He - and you - will be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh Deb I am soooo sorry. I know if love and devotion have anything to do with it your son will be put on the right track to getting his life back in no time. But I also know this is not a quick fix situation. Just be there for him. Tell him you love him often and that you will stand beside him. Tell him he always in your thoughts and if you could snap your fingers and make him feel good again you would do it. Just let him know in everyway possible you are there and are not going anywhere and will never give up on him. I know support is importand even when they don't see it. If you even need someone to talk to PM me ok.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) Deb
    Your son, you and your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Oh Deb, my heart aches along with yours! There is just so much pain and sadness in our world today, and so much pressure on our young adults. I just don't know where this world is heading.

Hugs and prayers,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Sorry to hear that.

I think I can understand why he wouldn't want to talk to them though.
    My parents wanted to do the same thing but I said I would refuse to talk to them , I'm not going to spit out all my problems to some stranger who is just going to tell me what I already know.

I hope he starts to get better though.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I am so sorry to hear about this. What an awful thing for a mother to hear about her baby. ((hugs))) to you and your family. Prayers that he gets better soon and starts to see the beauty in this world.

Very sorry to hear about your son Soapets. Be assured he is in the right place and he will get the help he needs.

I am so sorry, I am glad he is getting help.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Prayers and positive energy flowing to him as I type. Is there any chance that he is bipolar? I am sending you prayers as well...Be strong, even though I know it's hard.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

You are all on my prayer list. (((hugs)))

I'm so sorry your family, especially your poor son, has to go through this. ((Hugs)) I'll be praying for you.

I'm so sorry your son is having such a diffuclt time. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayres. (((HUGS)))

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~