Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Incompetent Motorists...

Dear Incompetent Motorists...

Dear Incompetent Motorists,

To the people who flew by me on the highway today at speeds dangerous to a NASCAR driver, please take a hint and SLOW DOWN. Everyone else has a place to be, and are driving at normal speeds, you are not special. I tend to laugh at you when 5 miles down the road you are being lectured by the state trooper. I can tell your car is faster than mine, and I do not need you to prove it. Tailgaiting is not necessary, in fact it will NOT make me speed up, but rather entertain the idea of performing a "brake check". When in fact I do need to brake, I do not like seeing you almost hit your dash in my rearview mirror when you realize that you are about to hit me. This brings me to my next point...I do not appreciate when you are literally two inches away from someones rear bumper, and attempt to cut in front of me directly to the side of you. It scares the living bejeeses out of me. A blinker works wonders in these cases, turn on the blinker and I will probably let you get over (provided you aren't the same person who was tailgaiting me earlier).

If you are on a cell phone, eating a big mac, smoking a cigarette and putting on your eyeliner...you should not be driving. If you tend to cause accidents while on your cell phone, you should not be driving.

If I wave you to go ahead at a stop sign...and you do not immediately accelerate, I will go anyways. Do not take this as "now" is the time to go and almost hit me, then flip me the bird. If you blow through a stop sign, or a red light...you have suicidal and homicidal tendencies. Stop when it says to, 2 seconds out of your life is all it will take versus someone's life.

On another note...if you cut in front of me, and then go 20 miles under the speed limit, ESPECIALLY when there was no traffic behind me, I will be IRATE. Please do not flip me the bird when I politely pass you going the speed limit.

If I see an animal or small child in the middle of the road, I will slow down until it is clear that I will not hit it. Please do not beep at me or cuss me out.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Normal Driver

So true. It's irresponsible drivers like you that can't wait ONE MINUTE until the light turns green, you think the yellow light means speed through and hit another car broadside. Due to drivers like you, I'm without a car, I won't be able to work until my three fractured ribs heal, and my well-being is shot. Thanks again, irresponsible driver.

BUT !!! There is something much worse.........

............a drunk driver.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004
    ............a drunk driver.
    I'll take the drunker driver anyday, as long as he's not running red lights or tail gaiting. They actually say that being on a cell phone when your driving is worse than drinking and driving.

Ever noticed that some days, it looks like EVERYONE is out to hit YOU?

I use to date a guy that tailgated and would look at ME to talk while tailgating driving at 70mph... I can't tell you how many times he scared me so bad that I actually HIT him. When we would go on a trip and someone would ask how our trip was... I would answer "I kept a headach the whole way from inhaling everyones tail pipe fumes.."

I use to ask him what he thought he was doing... "You can controll how YOU drive but you can not controll everyone else, yet you are assuming you CAN!

I was so gald when we broke up! He had a beeper (in those days) and his son would beep him 50 times a day... going down the highway, tailgating and the beeper goes off... he about wrecked everytime because he had to immediately see who was beeping him.. grrrrrrrrrr!

Their life is ALL ABOUT THEM! Their lives! Where THEY need to be! What THEY want! Without regard to the rest of us or our safety.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Well said areias!! Here here!! Everytime I leave the house in the car I'm shocked at the poor driving we are forced to be a victim of. It's about time somebody brought this up. Thank you!! It's so sad that some of us try to drive correctly and the roads are filled with morons that couldn't care less about how bad their driving skills(or lack there of)are.

Just curious....do all states have the mail in thing like we do here in Florida? Personally, I think it's time they hauled in about 85% of the drivers we have down here for re-testing. Most of them must not have ever picked up the driver's manual before testing. They just faked it and now they get their license renewed via mail or the internet.

I have many pet peeves on the road but one of the biggest; lack of the use of turn signals!! Why bother having them if you don't even use them?? or...use them improperly.

Anyway, I love this thread. Thanks for bringing attention to this very sore subject. I hope you do get it published!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    I'll take the drunker driver anyday, as long as he's not running red lights or tail gaiting. They actually say that being on a cell phone when your driving is worse than drinking and driving.
    Not me! I was behind a drunk driver one night and it was terrifying. I watched him weave into everyone else's lanes for a couple of miles. Thankfully it was late and there were no cars on the road. I was afraid to even pass him. At one point he totally coasted over into the two oncoming lanes (I am imagining that he nodded off) and wound up on the opposite shoulder. Thank God no one was coming. That's when I finally passed him and said a prayer that he would somehow sleep it off on the side of the road.

What seems to happen to me so often is that I will be coming down the road and someone decides to dart out into the intersection right in front of me. They have literally a quarter of a mile or so to pull out but they wait until I am almost at the intersection and then decide it's time. After I pass I always look into my rear view mirror to see who is behind me and most of the time there is no one. Why couldn't they just wait for me to pass? It's not like there was a stream of traffic behind me that they had to get ahead of.

Great post, love it. So true, been there and I also get frustrated at these drivers. Especially those huge semis that take up half your side of the road when taking a sharp curve.

now that there is snow and ice on many cars, PLEASE take the extra five minutes to CLEAN OFF your taillights, and ALL of the front window, sidewindows and back window. i swear it won't take more then that. if you only scrape a dinnerplate sized hole, you won't see anyone else. thank you for listening...maybe
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

In Pennsylvania you can be pulled over for not having ALL of the snow pushed off of your car. the extra snow will blow off and blind the car behind you.

Someone here in NJ was cut badly when a huge piece of ice flew off the top of the van in front of her and broke this woman's windshield. She was treated at a hospital for lacerations of the face. The person in the van never even stopped.

Arieas, I lived in Ft Lauderdale from 83-92, I firmly believed then that after rush hour,
    all ppl exiting the freeway alive should be bestowed with
    I Survived I-95 buttons to be displayed proudly. I have lived in nearly every state in the nation, and the 2 worst for rude and just plain bad driving is Fla and Arizona (although Illinois is CLOSE)

Nice letter btw, enjoy the sun and the oranges!

Kym
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    Arieas, I lived in Ft Lauderdale from 83-92, I firmly believed then that after rush hour,
    all ppl exiting the freeway alive should be bestowed with
    I Survived I-95 buttons to be displayed proudly. I have lived in nearly every state in the nation, and the 2 worst for rude and just plain bad driving is Fla and Arizona (although Illinois is CLOSE)

Nice letter btw, enjoy the sun and the oranges!

Kym
    Now we also wear "I survived I-4" buttons proudly. Of course it's not just the interstates down here, it's everywhere!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Nope, not me. I hate the drunks.
    Had a mate who's 17 year old daughter was killed by a drunk one morning on her way to work. She'd only had her licence for a week, and she was a good careful kid. She stopped at a red light and this guy hit her from behind. When the police came, the drunk was so inebriated he couldn't even stand up. Such a waste of life.
    Wombat

Quote Originally Posted by areias

I vote you turn on your tail lights to make him think you're breaking.

Kristen & the Dynamutts...