Thread: Gerbil pics

Hybrid View

Gerbil pics

Heres a picture of my old gerbils. The white one is Squat (Yes, her sister was diddly..don't ask..) The brown one was Ginger who I later found out was a male (I actually thought it was a female and though it was dying..turns out she was a he..I was young!! )

Squat was 4 before she died, I think thats kinda old for gerbils?? I miss them, I'd love to get more, but -ahem- I can't

Not a very good pic, but anyway. We kept them in the blue thing cause they made SUCH a mess by kicking they're chips out. I learned the hard way how high gerbils can jump. They (diddle and squat) escaped a few times, we need a squirrel trap once to get one of them. So, I started to put the cage in the blue thing.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Isn't squat round?? You just wanna squeeze her or something. She was a cutie

Former User Guest
    Hey, smart thinking of putting them in that basket, I can imagine what kind of a mess they can create!
    I don't know a lot of gerbils but I'd say 4 years is old yes!
    I'd love to get a little one like that but I can't stand the fact that they're not going to be around for long

Yes, 4 is old for a gerbil, its so sad that they have such short lives. thier life expectancy is 2-4 years, the females live longer than males. Your gerbils are soo cute! Gerbils do tend to escape a lot, they are very smart and find any hole that they can escape through, and they can also jump very high.

Thank you