Thread: cats and dogs

cats and dogs

I'm going to need a few last pictures to remember him by. Sonny, my cat, is going to be put down soon due to his age and health. He hasn't been eating much. This morning though I let Autumn outside and set down Autumn's breakfast. Sonny decided he'd start in on her food. Autumn just came in and saw him and waited until his head was out of the way before she started eating. They ate her breakfast together. They are so the picture of how cats and dogs should get along. Autumn cleaned Sonny's face off after that and he didn't even give her the evil cat look.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I will keep you all in my Prayers

I am very sorry about Sonny.

Adorable story though. They both sound so sweet.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Sonny's currently taken up residence under the christmas tree. And Autumn's such a dork, I have music on and she was barking at the bass because she thought somebody was knocking at the door.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

What an adorable story for your memory box. I'm so sorry to read about Sonny. {Hugs}

I've been Boooo'd!

What a beautiful baby!!! I am so very sorry about what you are going to have to do, We had to put our baby down day before Thanksgiving, I totally understand what you are going through, will Sonny be able to have a last Christmas with you? How incredibly sweet that they were eating together like that, that memory you will have with you always, I have wonderful memories of my Cocker Spaniels and my Calico cat together. Good luck to you and my prayers are with you.

I think he'll manage till christmas. My mom couldn't entice him to eat much last week but he'll eat for me a little.

Sonny's and Autumn's closeness is touching. That is story is so sweet.

I'm very sorry to hear about Sonny, though.