Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need girl baby names..

Need girl baby names..

My friend, Marla, is due for a baby girl soon. Due in the middle of January actually, but likely to have it early -- the baby dropped about a month ago and she's been feeling like she isn't going to last much longer.

She already has two boys, Brennan and Bryce, and for five years has planned on having a girl and naming her Breanna, but her husband absolutely refuses. She just can't find a signle name she likes. She thought about Ariel for a while but changed her mind. Mike came up with Arianna, Olive, and Kyra, and she hates those. She's being very picky lol.

She wants something unique but not crazy -- she said besides Breanna there is nothing she will name her baby that you can find on a pen.

I've given her every different name I can think of and she hates them all. Any name ideas are appreciated!
    I've been BOO'd!

The name we were probably going to name our baby, had it been a girl, was Lilla.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I like feminine names, but, I also like really boyish names, too. I know a few girls named Michael. Anyway, I like these...

Pearl
    Grey
    Violet

Those are all I can think of at the moment...Are they Irish or Italian or does heritage have no bearing on what they'll name their daughter? Do they have any meanings that they want out of a name or anything like that? Be sure to keep us posted on what they choose.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

They could sorta combine their names (Mike and Marla) and name her Micah or Mika. Micah is a boy's name, but I once knew a girl named that(spelled Mica) and she got a lot of compliments on it. Not totally outlandish, but fairly distinct. Dunno, just popped into my head...

Breanna is a feminine name based on a masculine name (it originated as a form of Brian, according to most sources) so Micah may have kind of the same vibe for her... plus all the Mikayla/Makenna/McKenzie names are pretty hot names for girls right now, so Micah would sort of let her fit in, without having to share her name with a lot of classmates.

Well, I've half talked myself into Micah, lol, you'll have to let me know what she thinks.

Any more tips you can give us on what she might be interested in would help. I love studying name meanings and origins, so I'd be glad to make suggestions. Keep us all posted on if she likes any of our ideas.

Anika ?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

My niece is expecting a baby, so I've been thinking a lot about possible names. Here are a few I like

Jodelle
    Ava
    Bethany (if she wants something starting with a B)
    Donna (sort of retro)
    Kayla
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Brittney ?

Bridget
    Arabella
    Charlotte
    West
    Andrea
    Sophie
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul
    She wants something unique but not crazy -- she said besides Breanna there is nothing she will name her baby that you can find on a pen.
    Jeez ~ Has it come down to that? Names you can find on a pen? That's an important consideration?

If she likes Breanna, she could make that her middle name. Sometime kids choose to be called by their middle name. My mom's name is Catheryne Berniece. Catheryne is a beautiful name, but the family insisted in calling her Berniece.

I have a friend named Anastasia. They call her Sia (pronounced Seea) for short. Another friend is Tatiana (seems like I have a lot of Russian friends).

My sister was going to be named Bronwyn, but Mom changed that to Carmen. Does she like those names?

We've got an Ariel and an Anna and an Amy and a Ryan (girl) and a Koa (hawaiian) in the family. None of them are named what their parents originally picked out. They all changed the name once they saw the baby.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

If he doesn't like Breanna, what about my name Breanne? JK

My favorite names for girls are Madison(which is becoming popular), and Kendra. I know I am not much help.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Thanks everyone, I will give her the suggestions. I already asked about making the middle name Breanna and just calling her that, but she says that would be sneaky and malicious...Since Mike hates the "Br" theme and does not want to continue it.

She doesn't have any particular "meanings" or anything in mind, but she likes Gaelic names, and apparently Brennan and Bryce are Gaelic though I could onl yfind them uner English names on behindthename.com . She says she's going to look through Lord of the Rings and see if she can find anything she likes out of there. She likes Eowyn but it's too hard to say, and Arwyn is our boss' puppy's name.

These are the names I suggested to her the other day: Shane, Ariella, Shada, Kess, Eden, Trista, Carmen, Cayter, Kenna, Avalon, Rachelle, Raquel, Evee, Alexis, Annika, Rhianna, Rhiannon, Caeden, Koreen, Rayne, Roslyn, Sable, Rylan, Summer, Sierra, Kydah, Lily, Leila, Cori, Liana, Renee, Souraya, Surae, D'nae, Alisa, Caira, Mylah, Holly, Lorelai, Candace, Kendall, Kaylin...

Her mom suggested Elizabeth which is her mom's original name, and Sarreny which is her mom's monk name. She also suggested Dea (Day-uh) which means Goddess (I'm sure you ex-hippies know this ), and Marla would have considered it if they hadn't had a big fat doberman named Dea when she was a kid. Dea is also in her kennel name so it would have been nice.

Mike wants Olive which is his late grandmother's name, and none of us like that one -- way too old-fashioned. We all like Olivia, but we have two shih tzus that come into the shop named Olivia and Marla says she will be reminded of a shih tzu every time she says it lol.

I will give her the name suggestions, hopefully there will be something she likes! She's quite picky about everything.
    I've been BOO'd!

What about Isolde?
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

I actually like the suggestion of Elizabeth. It may be common, but more in a classic way, not in a trendy way. Plus, no matter what her little girl is like Elizabeth has a nickname that suits pretty much any personality. If you name your kid Elizabeth, you let her choose being Elizabeth, Liz, Lizzie, Beth, Liza, Eliza, El, Ellie, Libby, Bizzie, Betty, or any of the other nicknames she likes.

Here is a list of gaelic names.

Kyla-scottish gaelic.

Kiera- Irish

Kaylee- Irish or Cayleigh

Chevonne-Irish. or Shavonne

Rosheen-Irish.

Riane.

Shannah- Irish.

Talulla-Irish

Just a few.
    Other names

Katelynn or Caitlynn or caitlinn.

Mikayla.

Aislinn-gaelic name.

Anyhow hope she finds the perfect name they both like for their wee girl. p.s I think one should be very picky when it comes to naming your child.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I like Makenzie.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*