Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What breed am I? **more photos**

What breed am I? **more photos**

My story can be read in Dog General under The Everything Thread.

My name is Pepsi and I was saved by my new mother last year. They seem to think I have German Shepherd in me, but I'm not so sure.

Here are a couple of pictures Zoee's mom took of me when I first came to my new home. This is me with my new friend Tabitha. I will try to get Zoee's mom to take some more of me while she is here over the holidays.

It doesn't really matter what breed I am, I will always be loved just the same. But I am just curious what my roots are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tabbi & Pepsi.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	32385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tabbi & Pepsi 2.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	32386  
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 12-31-2006 at 10:43 PM.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I say beagle/ basenji... ...

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    I say beagle/ basenji... ...
    I knew you would be the first to respond. Your knowledge of animals amazes me.
    I wasn't sure what a basenji looked like so I looked it up and that does look alot like Pepsi.
    Thank you.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

im going to say beagle, australian cattle dog, and german shepherd

Basenjis are small dogs. I'd say the beagle, acd, and gsd guess are more acurate.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Could be cattledog- the color of the beagle is dominant. Another possiblity- very good! also strong ear carriage in the cattle dog as well..

Thank you all for the replies. Maybe on Christmas Day while Zoee's mom is here she can get some better pictures of me to help identify my breed. I do like all the breeds named here though. That makes me feel good that I could be a mix of them.

The coloring is very German Shepherd, except for the white on the muzzle, it's hard to guage size, not knowing how old the child is, but definitely shepherd and something to me!
    I've Been Frosted

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    I'd say australian cattle dog, Shepard and perhaps some hound...
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

The only thing that bothers me about being half cattle dog- is this dog is over a year old- and its not as stocky as a cattle dog would be. Its also light in the shoulder. Beagles have saddles as well as a shepherd, but this dog is awfully small. ... Either one is a good mix though..

Here are some pictures I took while I was there for Christmas.

I thought I'd leave them BIG so you could see her better.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Any other thoughts on what breed she may be? Of course, it really doesn't matter what breed she is, as long as she has a loving home. Which she does with my mom.

My initial thought was Cattle Dog and German Shepherd

Kristen & the Dynamutts...

Way too stocky for a petite little basenji. I stick with beagle gsd and acd.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I say cattle dog and pembroke welsh corgi.
    I've been BOO'd!

I think we can all agree on one breed she has....ACD. As for the rest of her, who knows? LOL
    She loves to play fetch and can do it for hours. She also jumps VERY high in the air to catch a frisbee.
    Thanks for your suggestions.