Thread: anyone tried mucinex?

anyone tried mucinex?

Has anyone heard of this stuff?

Better yet has anyone tried it?

Hubby and I have been sick since last Thursday. I am getting sick of being sick lol. It doesn't seem to be getting better either.

A Dr. recommended this stuff so we are going to try it but I was just curious if anyone else has tried it?

does it work?

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Yeah it's great stuff. Really helps. When I'd get a cold it invariably would move to my chest and I'd get bronchitis, with really painful cough. I use this every time I get a cold and it clears up much faster and never moves into my chest like that.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    Yeah it's great stuff. Really helps. When I'd get a cold it invariably would move to my chest and I'd get bronchitis, with really painful cough. I use this every time I get a cold and it clears up much faster and never moves into my chest like that.
    Does it help with nasal congestion too?

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

My boyfriend's been taking this for a nasty chest cold he's had the last few weeks, and it seems to be helping, but only a small amount.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I take the generic version and it works great for sinus etc.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Never heard of it, maybe I'll go to the drugstore and try to ask for it. My kids often get colds. No harm in trying something everyone seems to favour.

For sinus congestion, I highly reccomend the sinus flush kits I saw in the drug store the other day. It comes with the pot you use and the solution. Sinus flushing is immediate relief, can be done as often as need and has NO side effects. If his sinus are inflamed, the first 2 to 3 times he does it they will burn like salt in a open wound but then they start to feel so good you LOVE it.

After he uses up the solution if he needs to keep flushing (which I doubt he will) you can use bottled water with a pinch salt and that is super cheap!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Yes, Laura's Babies is referring to the Netti Pot. I have heard good things about those.
    Maybe I should get one for my boyfriend who is currently suffering from this cold thing too. I had completely forgot about those.
    I might even try the Mucinex. Normally he takes Zicam when he feels it coming on and it helps. But this cold string he caught was too strong for the Zicam to help.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am currently taking Mucinex DM, and it is really good for a cough. I really like it.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Mucinex thins the mucus so it can be expelled by the body more effectively. That's the mechanism behind it and how it works. When our body holds onto thick mucus is also holds onto the infection in it. It kind of helps flush it out, if that makes sense.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008