Thread: Sorry need to vent again ***Update***

Sorry need to vent again ***Update***

I am moving in about 2 weeks and maybe less and I am freaking out. I have to come up with about $400 so I can get my bills paid to transfer them and then have my deposit. I haven't been approved for the unemployment yet and don't know if I will so I have NO money at all. It is kind of scaring me now. I don't know what I am going to do but I will figure something out. Sorry to keep complaining but it helps so much! Thanks for listening.

Michelle
    Last edited by CatLuvrs; 12-16-2006 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Update
    Michelle

Can you call the unemployment office and find out the status of your claim?? If you had severance pay, the unemployment won't start till after it runs out. Usually when you apply for unemployment, they set a hearing date. It's nothing more than a formality. Unless your former employer contests the claim, you should have no problem.

Call them and find out. At least it may give you a little peace of mind to know that the benefits will, in fact, be coming.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Can you call the unemployment office and find out the status of your claim?? If you had severance pay, the unemployment won't start till after it runs out. Usually when you apply for unemployment, they set a hearing date. It's nothing more than a formality. Unless your former employer contests the claim, you should have no problem.

Call them and find out. At least it may give you a little peace of mind to know that the benefits will, in fact, be coming.

I called them yesterday and they said it takes 3-6weeks to find out an answer. I filed on November 21. I am sure I will be ok but I am just freaking out.
    Michelle

Can the unemployment people arrange an emergency advance payment? OR is there a social services agency who can?

HUGS
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Update 12-16-06

I just checked the unemployment website and I got approved!!!!! OMG this is a lifesaver. I was about to lose my electricity and everything O I am thrilled! Thank you all for your well wishes!!!!!
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by CatLuvrs
    I just checked the unemployment website and I got approved!!!!! OMG this is a lifesaver. I was about to lose my electricity and everything O I am thrilled! Thank you all for your well wishes!!!!!
    Oh that is wonderful!!! I have found things tend to work out, and always for the best... I am glad it all worked out!!!! ( now- breathe... lol.. )

GREAT news! And yes, BREATHE!

Here's the start of moving upwards...hope you can relax for a bit in January!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda