Thread: Foot Massage

Foot Massage

I have a Jack Russell Terrier mix that loves to lick my toes when I take my shoes off. My full-blooded Jack Russell Terrier also did this, almost from the beginning. Is this unique to JRTs or do others get this type of foot massage?

My dad's male Maltese used to lick his
    toes.

My rotty/aussie (hercules) licks my feet

Maybe they taste like Fritos!!!

Okay, I know a dog on the opposite end of the scale, size-wise, who LOVES to lick toes!
    Bruni, my Dad's Saint Bernard, loves bare feet, and considers them an open invitation to be licked! Dad isn't into sandals, but sometimes has had to warn neighbors who came barefoot to pet "the baby" on their morning walks! I'm sure human feet are at least salty, but not Frito-y, at least none I know personally, though I do not seek out strangers' feet like Bruni does!

Yes Karen!!! Finally the "naked" truth is revealed. ALL my dogs love to lick bare feet. Especailly ones that have been, shall we say, "basting" for 8 or 10 hours in a pair of sneaks! Apparently a penchant for fritos is NOT limited to humans! Yumm!

Well, that "frito feet" thought had just crossed my mind tonight. I wonder what they really think? Perhaps it reminds them of those lovely treasures they find to roll in in the yard that are "gack" to us? I also have a cat that climbs onto my shoes when I take them off. He loves to assault feet as well, but not with the tongue. He's an odd boy.

Tats - you're killing me! Thought I was gonna die laughing when I read about the "basting". Thanks for starting my morning off right.

You're welcome teena! Ktreva: I once had a kitty who loved to sit in my husband's shoes. One morning, while he was getting dressed, he suddenly turned to me speechless, with a look that can only be described as ! My reaction was ! Kitty had left him one big, soggy gift! Guess kitty mistook his stinky shoe for the litter box!!!

You can just imagine two dogs meeting in the park. One says to the other,"You'll probably think I'm nuts but have you ever noticed how people's feet smell like cow pooh?"
    "I don't believe it! I thought I was the only one in the world who would dream of smelling people feet!"

Hah, Hah, Hah!!!! !!!

Carrie: That is just too funny!!!! I can just visualize it, too. They stop to water a couple of trees and start discussing their humans' strange habits, like sniffing feet, and it goes on from there. Do you suppose they interpret our "frito feet" sniffing as akin to them sniffing butts?

[This message has been edited by ktreva52 (edited December 07, 2000).]

You guys are WAY too funny -and I haven't even had my coffee yet!