Thread: Pray For my Lab tBuster

Pray For my Lab tBuster

Hi All,
    My Lab has got a disease called RICKETTSIA and is having a very hard time with it, so I would like to ask every one to pray for him and wish him a speedy recovery. He is my best friend, who is like all dogs, always happy to see me never gives me any trouble and makes my life complete.
    I love him and want him to come home very soon from the hospital.
    Email me for a Picture of this beautiful dog.
    Thanks for looking regards and best wishes to all pets Paul and Buster....

Im so sorry to hear he is not doing well, lots of prayers coming your way.

Buster is most definitely in my prayers. I can only imagine how worried you must be and how much you want him to come home again.

Quote Originally Posted by ukspiritbear
    Hi All,
    My Lab has got a disease called RICKETTSIA and is having a very hard time with it, so I would like to ask every one to pray for him and wish him a speedy recovery. He is my best friend, who is like all dogs, always happy to see me never gives me any trouble and makes my life complete.
    I love him and want him to come home very soon from the hospital.
    Email me for a Picture of this beautiful dog.
    Thanks for looking regards and best wishes to all pets Paul and Buster....
    Rickettsia are on the evolution scale somewhere between a virus and a bacteria. They sort of have characteristics of both. For both people and dogs, they are a tick borne, and cause various diseases. My female tested slightly positive for Ehrlichiosis with no clinical signs. Given the choice of a more definitive test and possible follow up treatment, vs immediate treatment I opted for the standard 3 wk course of antibiotic treatment with Doxycycline. Despite that she still tests positive and probably always will.

Most Rickettsia infections will respond to Doxycycline. The newer fluoroquinolones (e.g. Baytril for doggies, and Cipro for humans) are also effective against Rickettsia. The longer the disease has remained undetected the more difficult the treatment to get rid of the infection. Complications include organ failure, and bone marrow suppression resulting in anemia and other secondary infections. Your dog should fully recover.

Excellent Advice Dragondawg!

I will keep Buster and you in prayers. I am sorry to hear he is not well.. Keep us posted..