Thread: ~*Newbie Intro*~

~*Newbie Intro*~

Hi! My name is Rebecca, I live in central California. I have loved sighthounds since I was 10 years old, especially the Borzoi. However, I grew-up with a pair of wonderful male English Springer Spaniels. Also had another Springer as an adult, but have been dogless for 10 years. In 2004 I discovered the dog of my dreams.... I'd always wished for a dog that resembled a Borzoi, was about the size of a Springer, with a personality in-between the typical sighthound and the velcro-dog of a Springer. As fate would have it, I happened upon the Silken Windhound Summer of 2004. I've spent the past 2.5 years learning about the breed, and meeting lots of Silkens & owners at events. I am planning to add a baby boy Silken Windhound to my family (of rescued housecats) in 2007:~)

My Yahoo Albums

~*~*And he says 'Rhiannon don't go.... Rhiannon stay'.... And he still cries out for her.... 'Don't leave me.... don't leave me now'....*~*~

OH MY STARS WELCOME!!! I have 4 borzois, as you will soon know, but looked into the Silkenwind Hound several times. My parents are too right now as they love the borzoi, but wanted a smaller dog without being tiny. I just love them- and if I ever can not do this size anymore because of my age or whatever, that is where I will be going next. I even debatted getting one anyway as they are just lovely! However- my males are so big, unless it was an adult, it would be a hazard waiting to happen. I do love them so!!
    AND MY MOST GRAND WELCOME FELLOW SIGHTHOUND LOVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    AND MY MOST GRAND WELCOME FELLOW SIGHTHOUND LOVER!!!!
    Thank you for the wonderful welcome What activities do you enjoy with your Borzois? I have a friend with 2 'Zois who have their CDs and Novice Rally (RN) titles. I absolutely plan to do Rally with my future Silken Windhound, will have to be through APDT though. Would also like to try straight racing when he's old enough. He will also be my demo dog for my training classes; company at my annual vendor booth at our county fair; my service-dog-in-training; and my constant companion.

Silken Windhounds will be eligible for AKC recognition in 2010. Back in 2004 that seemed like soooo far into the future, but I've researched lots of alternatives to AKC events to keep us busy 'til then....

~*~*And he says 'Rhiannon don't go.... Rhiannon stay'.... And he still cries out for her.... 'Don't leave me.... don't leave me now'....*~*~

~*Newbie Intro*~

Hello & Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pictures.. I am Helene & my siggy tells who all owns me at my household..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

A big welcome to pet talk!

I am so thrilled to have someone who educates themselfs before getting a dog! I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Good luck.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Welcome to Pet Talk, Rebecca. I'm in California too! I have never heard of a Silken Windhound before, so it was totally neat to see those pictures in your album. It sounds like you've found the perfect breed of dog for you, and I can't wait to see the new addition when you get him!

I have 3 kitties and 1 doggie. I'm hoping to add an Oriental cat to my fur family soon.

You'll like it here!

**hugs**

Welcome to PT. I'm Tim and have a few collies layin around. Enjoy the site, it does get interesting.
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedGypsy
    Thank you for the wonderful welcome What activities do you enjoy with your Borzois? I have a friend with 2 'Zois who have their CDs and Novice Rally (RN) titles. I absolutely plan to do Rally with my future Silken Windhound, will have to be through APDT though. Would also like to try straight racing when he's old enough. He will also be my demo dog for my training classes; company at my annual vendor booth at our county fair; my service-dog-in-training; and my constant companion.

Silken Windhounds will be eligible for AKC recognition in 2010. Back in 2004 that seemed like soooo far into the future, but I've researched lots of alternatives to AKC events to keep us busy 'til then....
    WOW! I am impressed- my two younger ones get too creative- Zubin goes and sees the stewards in a run-- both pose at for applause on the dog walk, and in obedience Zubin refuses to sit and stops and stands for the judge verses a sit.. loll
    I show in confirmation, lure course and the two younger ones are therapy dogs as well. Femka is good in obedience, but she is worried about men- and the stand for exam- it worries her.
    I did confirmation, sch/k-9, search and rescue, obedience for years with my shepherds.
    I am so glad to get another fellow borzoi/silken windhound person here. I can see this breed doing well in what you want to do . Remember- with a borzoi, the regulation tunnel they have to crawl to go through it... lol.. and love to jump OVER the tires- not through them... lol..

Quote Originally Posted by wolflady
    Welcome to Pet Talk, Rebecca. I'm in California too! I have never heard of a Silken Windhound before, so it was totally neat to see those pictures in your album. It sounds like you've found the perfect breed of dog for you, and I can't wait to see the new addition when you get him!

I have 3 kitties and 1 doggie. I'm hoping to add an Oriental cat to my fur family soon.

You'll like it here!

**hugs**
    Its like a small borzoi- actually small borzois bred to whippets to lower the size, then bred back to another silken- . Its a young breed about 20 or so years, but dearly loved! And the best are in California and Texas.. !

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Welcome! (Fellow sighthound lover ) I look forward to your posts, especially those regarding p-i-c-t-u-r-e-s-. (I can't say the word out-loud)
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL