Thread: How much more can I take?

How much more can I take?

Guys, everything is crashing down on me really bad right now.

*My daughter has strep throat AND Mono.
    *I am getting over a terrible cold, my knees KILL me for some reason the past few days, and my sore toe still hurts like the devil (it doesn't help that I keep smashing it into things)
    *My car payment is due by Dec 22, and if its not paid, they will come repossess my car!
    *My boss stuck it me again last night -- first he's letting the other dog trainer come back to work (good lord grant me the serenity not to kill her!) then he neglected to put my vacation hours into my paycheck.... that's keeping me from paying my car payment! Sure, it is my fault I'm so far behind on payments but I was counting on this paycheck to make this payment.
    *I can't find a job.... I have a 100 resumes out there and nobody's calling me back. The more resumes I send out and the more time that passes between the worse I feel. Surely ONE person wants to interview me!

What am I going to do?! I know people have it worse than me (poor Kimlovescats is going through a horrendous ordeal) but to me, the threat of losing my car and maybe my husband's car, because of MY lack of income is weighing me down. I am trying so hard to find a job. I picked up as many hours at the store as my manager was willing to give me. Everybody else is maxed out with their Christmas help, so not even the grocery store is hiring right now. Every time I HAD the money to pay for the car payments, a health crises came up.

I feel so guilty all the time anymore. I put my family in this mess with my selfish desire to work for myself. I promised my husband I'll try it for 3 years and give up if it didn't take off. Well this month marks 3 years and boy did my business crash and burn this year

How can I quickly come up with $200 by middle of next week? I don't even have anything to pawn since everything of value was stolen this past summer

As for Christmas being my busy season with portraits? I have one whole comission. How'd I go from doing dozens of portrait at Christmas to ONE? The year I need portrait comissions the most is the year of nothing. God, how am I going to get past all this mess?

I am so sorry that you are going through all this. If you ever need to talk PM me and I will give you my email or IM name. I understand what you are going through right now and it sucks.....I hope someone calls you soon.
    Michelle

Catnapper-
    I wish I could help. I had put some money aside for a donation, when yesterday the situation changed, but my daughter needed it for a car repair.. We are tight now too as I can not work, but not as bad as your situation is described..
    My prayers go out to you. I just wish I could help... I am not sure what I can say, and all the words in the world will not help here. I just pray the check comes through on time, and you get more hours you need. I have found, when it seems hopeless, out of no where God comes through with that unknown check or rebate in the mail- or a long lost friends pays you back or something- somehow God just makes it work- in this slight of hand that ends up such a perfect fit for the situation, and when it can not go another day... Just " Poof- here you go- From God.."

Girl,

You KNOW that I understand what you're going through. I only wish I could help. Call me ANYTIME. You know I'm here for you.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

i'm so sorry that things are going so badly. could you talk to the the finance company and send what you can now, and then send the rest in 2 weeks. then chase your boss into a corner and get that backpay? ((hugs))
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

It's not fair - retail employers up here are worried about increased shoplifting and poor customer service - because there aren't enough workers!

Retail, airport security, construction - just about every sector is short of people.

This doesn't help, unless you wanna get a visa and apply for stuff up here!

I am SURE it will break soon! Managers and other upper staff likely have little to no time to read resumes right now....

A crazy idea...how about walking thru the Yellow Pages? YOu might come across an idea you hadn't thought of. I have had good response from places that weren't even advertising for help!

Go pick your favourites - you never know!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper

As for Christmas being my busy season with portraits? I have one whole comission. How'd I go from doing dozens of portrait at Christmas to ONE? The year I need portrait comissions the most is the year of nothing. God, how am I going to get past all this mess?
    I'm just wondering why you haven't advertised your services right here in the Market Place section at Pet Talk?
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

wow some of that sound slike me. Only I had plan of doing my animal Ed busness. I was going to get a fennec fox, visit the local exotic animal day and see what's out there and get my tamandua. Well was presured into not getting a job I was offered and would have worked till things were running, then told I couldn't have any more pets after the Tam and presured into opening the pet store. Now all my moneys gone and I'm in dept up to my eyeballs, as the saying goes.

I know if I hadn't been such a wimp and stood up for myself but I'd passed up the one job already thinking my tam was coming soon but then it didn't happen at that time so let myself be talked out of it. So then it seemed like the store would be a good thing to try untill then but it's just about ruined everything.

But I do have Pua now and my liscense so need to get in gear and do shows with her. I know people that do similar and work every day in the summer. Plus I'll have schools to do in the colder seasons. So trying to keep my sites set on the lie at the end of what seems to be a very long tunnel but it's hard.

There is always lite out there even if you don't see it. Do try applying places that aren't in the want ads. that's how I got my last job and it was great. No one would hire me then pone day just said to hell with it if I'm going to keep getting turned down it may as well be fore something I love. I tracked down the company that did the petting zoo each summer at our fair, they have exotics. I emailed then did a phone inter view and they hired me! first met them at the firs job near Sf then went with them all over. Of course you don't want a job that takes you away from home like that but it was the best thing for me at the time. So to take some stabs in the dark too they sometimes pay off.

Other than want ads check the local Gov website or unemployment that has listings often things are listed there that aren't in the paper want ads.

Oh is there anyway you could set up say by the mall in the parking lot or something and advertise your services. Sure you aren't supposed to but they'll just chase you off and you'll probably get some customers. Maybe you can't do them that fast but you could be painting something and have examples set around.

OMG OMG OMG OMG.... someone emailed me this afternoon and want me to come in for an interview next week! I sent my resume to them this morning!

Its not my ideal job, in fact, its exactly what I was trying to get away from, but its a full time job! Of course I worked all afternoon at the store so I couldn't respiond to their email during business hours, but I've got someone who wants to interview me!! WOOHOOO!!!! Maybe I could have a job by Christmas!

Oh Honey That Is Great News!!!! Go For It!

Kim, I work for the county I live in. My daughter suggested I fill out the app. online. Right after I did that, they sent me a letter for the county clerical test. I passed it and had a job in less than a month. Can you try something like this? After taking the library position, I got three more calls from other offices that I listed as choices. My county is always hiring and the pay isn't bad. Maybe you can get into something like that. My sister is always telling me how much help they need in the school system. I know you already know about this.

I really feel for you and I hope it all works out soon, for the better. You deserve some good luck. You're too clever of a person and have so much to offer to be jobless much longer. Good luck and {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Please feel free to PM me if I can help somehow

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Hugs and prayers...might not be the field you want to return to, but I hope the place is great and you get the job, and love it!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Kim, I'm sorry to hear that you're still having financial problems and problems with finding a job. I sure hope that the interview goes well and that they'll offer you the job. Then hopefully things will start going well for you and much better for next year too. Good luck.