Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you look your age?

Do you look your age?

I always thought I did- until we moved to Colorado. Here I've been mistaken for a high-schooler so often it's starting to get irritating. In about 10 years I don't think I'll mind getting mistaken for a younger person, but I don't appreciate how people think they can talk down to me when they assume I'm 17.

I'm not sure if it's just because the piano studio I work at has a lot of junior teachers so they assume I'm in high school too, but I'm getting tired of being asked what grade I'm in. I just say "I'm in graduate school."

It's really weird, actually- my husband's co-workers think he's younger, too. He's 27, and ummmm, well, his hair is thinning, among other things (I think he looks around 27- closer to 30 than 20) and they think he's 22!! Maybe people in Colorado just need their eyes adjusted.

So, do people mistake your age?

People always think my husband & I are younger than we are. I used to mind when I was alot younger, but now I don't mind at all!

People always tell me I look younger than I am. I'm often guessed to be 14 or 15...not too far off from what I actually am, but far enough.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I've always had that dillema. I was carded up until I was about 31. I don't get carded any more though.

i once got asked if i was 12...
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I must admit that time has been very good to me...well my face anyway. I'm 54 and have been told by many people that I look mid to late 30's. Hey, I'll take that anyday. I attribute it to staying away from the sunshine, staying away from all makeup, and using Vit E cream on my face everyday. Well, I'd like to think that's the reason.

What would really make my feel young is if I'm asked for ID in the liquor store.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Nope. people say I look like I am 17 and I am 21.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I'm 16 but if I put my hair in 2 braides I can look like I'm 12 or somthen lol,

I was not realy hungrey and wanted a kids meal but it said ages 10 and up ... I passed and got my chicken Mc nuggets , the average age people say I look is 13 .. so I geuss it's a good thing :/, alot of times when I say I'm 16 some kids start laughing as saying ''ya right lol'' ...

people often say i loo much younger. i had a guy ask me once if i was 18, i was 28!!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

people always think I'm younger than I am. Usualy about 10yrs younger than for real but still get a decent number of people thinking I'm in my teens.

I'm 58, but a lot of people mistake me for being in my late forties! I have a gray moustache and goatee, yet I still get that compliment. I love it!

It's sad I'm in eighth grade people thought I was in tenth. Wow I'm aging badly at thirteen!!! lol
    I'm A Proud Sister of TWO Pugs

I'm 14 and a lot of people think i'm mature for my age. They mostly think i'm either 16 or 17. Which i think is weird.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Most people say I look my age, a few have thought I'm a bit younger.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I'm 55 and people tell me all the time that I look to be in my early 40's. I'll take it! I sure don't FEEL 55 on most days; and then there are the days I feel 85. I'm just glad to be up and around on THIS side of the earth

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10