Thread: Any clue what this is on Dittle's nose?

Any clue what this is on Dittle's nose?

I have a foster cat that I took in for our shelter last week, and she has developed a grayish spot/mark on her nose. She was a stray for some time, then was staying with another woman who helps with our shelter. She didn't have it right when I got her, but it emerged within a day or so. I'm hoping it's not ringworm... she is separated from my others just in case. I don't need them sick yet! Sorry for the large sized pics, I just wanted her nose clearly visable.

If it is ringworm, you can get it too
    I'd have it checked out soon.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I would say that it looks like ringworm. My little snoopy had the same ype of spot on his nose when I got him . It got worse and within three days the spot had come loose and he lost the fur in that area. I took hm to the vet and got meds . His fur has finally come back . If you would like the name of the meds let me know . They worked really well . In three days I saw alot of improvement.

Well, you could hope for a recent scratch from another cat that got a little infected, but it is more likely to be ringworm. I'm dealing with the tail end of it on Ashley's nose right now and it spread first to the corner of one eye and, 5 weeks later, now to the corner of the other. She's been in isolation for ages with this blasted infection. Today I gave up on only topical medication, which worked fine on her two brothers who have been clear for weeks, and finally ordered the oral.

With great care, it didn't spread to the rest of my household but it's a blessed nuisance to deal with in a household of cats. I hope you are lucky and it's something else.

It's hard to say what that could be; anything from ringworm, to a simple scraped up nose. Only your vet will be able to tell you for sure.

When Dusty showed up her nose was way worse than the pix you posted and her only problem was an upper resperatory infection.

Make an appt. with your vet so you don't worry yourself over something that may be a simple answer, or to the other extreme of letting something go that's best dealt with now.

Good luck

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

well, when I went up to see her in her room last night, it looked better. I'm wondering if maybe it was from her banging her head/nose on the carrier door. I didn't see anything when I took her out, so maybe it's healing?? It's a smaller area now, and just looks gray/black. Still going to keep an eye on it, cause the last thing I need is for my FIV+ boys to get it. ACK!

That's a relief! If it was ringworm, it would be getting larger and crustier. Ashley's nose lesion looked gross within a day of my first noticing it. I have FIV+ boys also and I've been as careful as I possibly can be so they don't get it. That would be a nighmare.