Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: agression with treats

Looks like there is quite a view of opinions on the subject! We have left Bebe on her own when we have given her her treats and things have improved alot. I think in a way she is growing to trust us just as we are getting to know her more. She hasn't growled if we have happened to walk past her and tonight she even ate her chews in front of us in the living room!! (she usually run to her bed on the landing!) Although I have lived with dogs all my life (Border Collies) this is our first Greyhound and I am probably being an over anxious 'mum'! Her personality is begining to come out more and she has even started to try to play (for those of you read my other post). We have met another greyhound owner who, over the weeks have noticed that, in their words 'her eyes have come to life'.
    She is giving us much love and enjoyment I just wish more people could see the real beauty of these dogs.

Beware!!!!
    You are now hooked!!!
    You will never get over this, the Greyhound is now part of your life..... well done!

That is so nice to hear about BeBe! She has a good, happy home now. Let us all know how it goes in the next few weeks.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

Wonderful, encouraging update on BeBe!! I agree, I think you're hooked!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Originally posted by smokey:
    <STRONG>I think in a way she is growing to trust us just as we are getting to know her more. </STRONG>
    With any newly adopted dog, greyhound or otherwise, we need to give them time to learn to trust us. Their actions and reactions are a combination of instinct, their own personality and what they have learned through their previous experiences.
    With my adopted dog, I saw changes and improvements, some immediate but most acquired as months and even years went by.

Originally posted by RachelJ:
    <STRONG>

With any newly adopted dog, greyhound or otherwise, we need to give them time to learn to trust us. Their actions and reactions are a combination of instinct, their own personality and what they have learned through their previous experiences.
    With my adopted dog, I saw changes and improvements, some immediate but most acquired as months and even years went by.</STRONG>

Good point Rachel! Also very timely for my situation too........Great to hear also that BeBe is responding positivly.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!