Thread: Miracle Cat rescued from the 9/11 Rubble!

Miracle Cat rescued from the 9/11 Rubble!

A white persian housecat was rescued from the rubble 15 days after the World Trade Towers collapsed and while smoke was still coming out of the ruins. I saw this story on the TV NEWS twice in one day and was so moved by this true-life miracle that I started to draw it.

I am an artist and after drawing the very painful "9/11 ATTACK"
    I was searching for some glimmer of hope... and this cat was it.
    The TV NEW showed the white persian (who was found dehydrated and dirty but OK) being reunited (at a rescue) with the happy owner whose apartment was destroyed when the WTC came down. It seemed ironic that a spoiled housecat who had never been outside survived the disaster!

This artwork has been published in CHILD ART MAGAZINE and I wanted to share it with you all. Does anyone else remember seeing or reading about this story? I wish it had had more coverage. I would love to talk to the kitty's owners and give them a print.

I will attach a small version of it here. To see the larger art go to my website at http://www.SylviArt.com and click on 9/11 ART.

I created a store with special Mugs saying "I LOVE NY" on one side and my "HOPE EMERGES" art on the other. I wish I could give really nice PRINTS to all the firefighters involved but I am not able to right now.

"HOPE EMERGES: Cat found Alive in Rubble!" SA Murray © 2001
    special "HOPE EMERGES" store - http://www.cafepress.com/HopeEmerges
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    See KITTY ART by SylviAnn
    www.SylviART.com/T-shirts

See KITTY ART for CAT LOVERS!!!

Sylvia,

That is exquisite!! Are you selling that picture on tee-shirts?? I'd love one if you are. Please let me now. You have a true gift.

Donna

That's so...beautiful! You have a talent!!! I real talent! What you are saying...that happened...It's like Ying and Yang. In a lot of bad there's a little bit of good (The poor cat ) In a lot of good there's a bit of bad!!!! Wow. That cat should be cat of the day. I'm sure he/she would make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~*Sprink*Fritz*Odie*~

"There is no more intrepid explorer than a kitten." Jules Champfleury

A purring cat and a glowing fireplace make winter bearable.

Originally posted by moosmom
    Sylvia,

That is exquisite!! Are you selling that picture on tee-shirts?? I'd love one if you are. Please let me now. You have a true gift.

Donna

Hi Donna -

Yes, I tried to be very respectful and made extra special MUGS too with "I LOVE NY" and the artwork on them! You can buy MUGS and T-shirts thru my store at:

"Hope Emerges: Cat found Alive in the Rubble!"
    http://www.cafepress.com/HopeEmerges

Order thru Cafe Press on the store not me. Prints would be ordered thru my site.

My favorite charity is CHILD ART at icaf.org
    See more on my SylviArt.com site.

Enjoy! SYLVI

Hi Pet Lovers -

I am suprised and disappointed that more folks did not respond to my post about a White Persian Cat being found ALIVE in the 9/11 Rubble! Just as I was disappointed at the very minimal coverage on TV.

This is NOT about me - it is about HOPE symbolized by the CAT emerging out of chaos and despair and death.

Forgive me for being so serious! But when the nation most needed HOPE it was offered by a white housecat - and ignored.

"Hope Emerges: Cat found Alive in Rubble!", SA Murray © 2001
    STORE: http://www.cafepress.com/HopeEmerges

SYLVI

PET PORTRAIT ART - Contact me if you are interested! I work from several photos to create my ART.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

THAT IS AMAZING!!!
    In Cat Fancy they did an issue on cats rescued. I love what you have done in memory of such a terrible tragedy and bless you for caring so much!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky