Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sugar is HOME! New Bichon Frise *pics*

Sugar is HOME! New Bichon Frise *pics*

Sugar finally arrived at her new fur-ever home late yesterday. She is 9 years old, 12 pounds, I adopted her through Small Paws Rescue.

Saturday was a very frustrating day; American Airlines LOST her for over an hour, and finally located her in Chicago! She flew "Priority Parcel," in cargo. American has a tracking system, you follow the dog's flight via an air bill number. Problem: no one manually entered any data into the system, so it automatically said she was on board her first flight which was on time (it was over an hour late), made her connection (she missed that plane), then arrived here at Providence airport. After following the data all morning, we headed to the airport to pick her up at 12:15 PM. No dog, no kennel, nothing, on that plane! OMG! Now the hollering started; yes, I was a reall pest, not that it seemed to matter. AND I called the rescue group so they could start the ball rolling at their end as well. TWO people were on the phones from Rescue. American finally found her in Chicago. At that point, it was below 20 degrees F and no pets were permitted to fly. More frustration; not flying at the colder temps is for the pets benefit, but who was going to care for her? Anyway, she FINALLY landed in Providence at 7 PM. Whew!

There were 5 dogs on that plane, the other 4 were puppies, "Christmas presents," bought on line at "puppy find," one from Oklahoma, 3 from Missouri. Puppy mill pups. Sigh.

After over 12 hours in her crate, hse was clean and dry, and happy to hear her name and get out and wiggle and shake. (The puppies were very "ripe," and needed baths.) She is a lapdog, hasn't left me except for Dad's lap for an hour. She shows NO interest in the cats, although they are making it clear they aren't too sure about this new arrival.

I don't have a digital camera, so pictures will have to wait. Here are 3 pics her foster mom sent me 2 days before Sugar flew in, so I would "recognise" her, ha ha. Sugar flew in wearing her red sweater. Although it looks like one eye is partially closed, that is just the way her fur was , her eyes are wide open. Her cataracts are quite visible. I will explore that issue when I take her in for a wellness checkup, but I don't plan to rush into anything with her yet.

She is darling!

Your story is what makes me so nervous about dogs being shipped like that. I've heard of one young Mastiff pup coming out of her trip with a head injury so severe she had seizures the rest of her life and had to be put down at a fairly young age (3 maybe?) due to a status episode.

I'm so glad Sugar got home safely though! Welcome home old girl!

Oh Freedom!! I am so glad this finally finished and you have her home. She is a doll baby, and I am looking forward to more pictures!

Freedom, she is JUST perfect for you!! Congratulations, Freedom! I remember that thread of you asking for help in choosing the right dog and I guess you found her. It's great you adopted an older pup too. She's so cute!! Welcome to PT, Sugar

Awwwww!!! She's adorable!! Congratulations!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Congratulations, Sugar - you may not know it yet, but you have landed in the very best kind of home - a Pet Talk home! Those kitties will warm up to you eventually, I bet!

Oh my gosh - she's adorable! Congratulations!!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Wow, what a day for both of you!! She is adorable!! I look forward to seeing pictures of her in the future!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

she's a doll baby! what an eventful day! my friend in TN just had a puppy shipped from Italy. the puppy ended up having to stay the night in a boarding kennel. my friend was frantic! i'm sure you'll both get some good sleep tonight.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Congrats and Thank you for not only adopting, but adopting an older doG.
    You're the best!!!

Glad Sugar's trip ended well!
    Looking forward to see more pictures!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Congratulations! She is adorable. And I have to echo Angie's words, thanks for adopting an older dog. She is a lucky little girl, despite the rough flight.

She's really cute. Do you know what her story is? Where she came from & who owned her in the past?

I look forward to many many photos of her and to hear all about her new adventures in her forever home.

Congratulations!!
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Congrats!!! She's adorable and I'm so glad that she's finally in your home now.

Yeah!!

I am so glad she is home safe with you. You will love the Bichon breed. They are wonderful, funny, loyal and loving. Keep us up to date on her progress.

What a great Dog Sugar is , and we know that she will do well and flourish in your home.
    Sugar will have lots of Cat Companions to play with, and have now lead the Life Of Riley.
    Bless You for taking her in.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS