Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pics of my Queen Goldfish!

New Pics of my Queen Goldfish!

I had my camera out after I took some more pics of Kishii and thought I should take some pics of my lovely fishy. I love my Queen so much! Well,here they are!

I thought this one was cute, it looks like she's yawning or something.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Hello, Queen! Those are great pictures of you that Kalei took! They make you look so bright and colorful! You're quite the character sometimes when you splash water with your great big fin!

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

Queen is beautiful!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

She looks like a pretty big girl.. but very gorgeous!
    I wish I could get good pictures of my goldfish.... your pictures look great!

Queen you are a stunningly beautiful goldie.Thanks for poseing so nicely for us.My betta Libby can take a lesson form you.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Gorgeous! How long have you had her? She looks like a koi comet hybrid. I wish I had a new camera to take piccys of my goldies with.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452
    Gorgeous! How long have you had her? She looks like a koi comet hybrid. I wish I had a new camera to take piccys of my goldies with.
    Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments! I think I've had her for over a year or even more, I didnt keep the date. But she is huge, she is exactly 1 foot long and about half a foot from bottom to top fin. I bought her from a petstore and she was a Comet, I've had a comet before that got really big too! She's the biggest one I've had so far. I got her from baby too! fish can be hard to take pics of that is for sure.

Kalei

cute, she looks like she has lipstick on.......

WOW she sure is HUGE!!!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Queen you make me want a goldie.Maybe in a few years I will be lucky have a goldie half as pretty as you.
    btw where are some new pics of your betta Red Lightning
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Sorry Zippy, I will take some new pics of Red Lightning as soon as possible! Besides Red Lightning likes posing for the camera lol.

Kalei

I'll bet she is a hybrid then. Hybrids have a comet body shape, no barbels on their mouth, and koi scale patterns. They grow multiple times faster than other goldfish or koi and can potentially get 3 feet plus.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Wow that is really awesome! She probably is then, she looks like she is still growing even though she is already huge! I have a 30 gallon tank so thankfully she still has quite a bit of room, but if she gets close to two feet then I will have to think of getting a bigger tank lol. I wonder if the pet stores even know that she was a hybrid? Thanks so much for those facts! Now I know why she is so large. I have three other goldfish in there and they look puny compared to her lol.

Kalei

Queen is one gorgeous Goldfishie!
    Michelle

The store wouldn't know if she was a hybrid. Single tailed pond goldfish are often a mix of common and comet and if a koi got into the mix it wouldn't matter to the supplier. I don't even know if they'd pay enough attention to notice, they just scoop up the fish and ship them off to the stores. The hybrids never have barbels either so picking them out at a young age would take a lot of time and effort.

Beautiful!

Her fins are stunning!