Thread: Question about friends cat (pregnant)

Question about friends cat (pregnant)

My friend ( neighbor)got her cat shortly after she moved into a new place. The person who owned the house got it from a friend... Well she had kitten before my friend got her. She had been horribly engorged too, we believe they took them away suddenly at around 5ish weeks from what details we got. She had been kept inside, but then out of no where she seemed to have swallowes a baloon... pg again. She must have been already when she came. We think she is due soon and noticed somthing odd today. Possibly it means babys really soon? She has been laying on her bed all day (the friends bed) I went in to see her and she rolled over to her back. (funny sight) I felt around and it feels like babes are way down. Then I lifted her tail... and something came out her butt. (not vagina, her anal area) It was clearish yellow liquid... I thought it very odd. Now she says that she again lifted kittys tail later and her bottom done it again! Is it possible the babys are so far down and possibly one moving to actual birth cananl that its causing pressure? I have never seen anything like that. We are not concerned, just confused. The kitty is rather large and we anticipate she may unfortunately have a large litter. Im also betting on an odd number since one side of her belly sticks out more than another...

Anyways, anyone seen this happen with a cat near end of pg? I thought maybe its a sign she may even deliver tonight. Yet she has eaten a littlle today, and even ran a few circles after a laser light.

Sorry, but I have no experience with this. I'm just *bumping* the thread back to the top to see if anyone else can answer the question for you.

I would have your friend call a Vet, as that yellow discharge does not sound right.We pray that that Momma Cat and Kittens are all right.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Well, we havnt checked for it today. Really I dont think we would have ever known if were not checking on her nether regions. Still no babies yet and mom seems content. Still eating plenty and playing. I dont know how she plays with how large she is. I wish I had pics of her, she is so pretty. She looks almost completely siamese, except for her dark pink nose, and some of her points have a lot of striping to them. If a cat is large, will they have bigger kittens? She is a good sized cat, and that factored with how big her belly is, I just dont know how many babies are in there. I never knew of a cat with more than 5, but I wonder if she dont have more... When I get some batteries for my camera I will go get pics of her, weather before or after that babies (babys?) come.

She should definitely be seen by a vet at this point.

She should definitely be seen by a vet at this point.
    And spayed while she is there!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    And spayed while she is there!
    She just got the cat, she came pregnant unknown to us. Since she is already way into the pregnancy, nothing you can do now. She will get spayed after this. Probably when the babies are 6-8wks old.

You can make the appointment while you are there! The vet can advise how soon would be safe and advisable.

She had another cat she took in as a stray have kittens a few years ago. The vet says to wait until the kitten are done nursing for the most part and mom isnt engorged at all. Typically they wean enough by 8wks for it to be good. Our vet is a bit unconventional though and that may not be typical. But a cat also will go out and get pregnant again by 4wks, so it has to be done soon if the mother goes out at all. That cat never showed signs of going into heat again and she had been newly pregnant when she was spayed. Thats when we learned how soon they go back into season after babies. We know now. I think mom is fine right now. We did the best math we could figure with the time that she came here, and all, and figure that if she dont have them by next week, then something isnt right. For now mom seems perfectly healthy and energetic, eating and drinking, using litter all normal. She dont look at all in distress. If seemed ill, or was sleeping too much or anything out of the norm that would be another story.