Thread: Please say a prayer for Jackie

I too would like to thank Jackie, Logan, Leslie and others
    for the updates and pictures
    I am so glad to here that Daisy is going to be alright,
    and Perry is doing better.
    I pray that Perry will recover daily and they both will
    be home soon.
    It just tears my heart apart and hope that
    each next update post will be good news.

Sending uddles of good thoughts and prayers.

Karen

----<---<--<{(@

Thank you for the updates. It's so good to hear that
    Daisy is doing better. With all of us rooting for him, we hope that the great super hero Perry will pull through very soon.
    Dear Jackie and Don: you have been in my thoughs ever since I read the posts yesterday.The prayers will not stop until we know that your dear fur babies are home again with the two of you. Give them many kisses and good wishes from us when you go see them.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Good Morning

The first thing (after feeding Grasshopper, of course) to do is check in here on Daisy and Perry. Funny, Grasshopper senses something wrong has happened in the animal kingdom. The morning mist is lifting here in San Diego, and our prayers are with Jackie, and Don especially, on this Father's Day. Our animals are very much our children as well as our friends. Thank you, Carl, for posting my latest wallpaper (Perry).
    Our family will be getting together with the two remaining Granddads today, and Jackie, Don, Perry and Daisy will be in our prayers and conversation.
    I am still very concerned about the legal and safety issues this scenario brings to light. Negligent owners, Animal Control, and the comfort of your own home are very real issues.
    But for now, it's Daisy's and Perry's recovery that is foremost in this group's universal prayer and meditation. Strength in numbers, especially such loving numbers as all who have posted here these past few days!
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

Leslie, I realized that I didn't thank you for keeping us posted on Perry and Daisy's condition, and I didn't mean to overlook you.

So we continue our prayers for these two precious pups.

Oh, Jackie, Don, Perry, & Daisy, I'm sooooooo sorry to hear about this! I'm in tears here. I will keep all of you, in my thoughts, and my prayers.

Lots of Love,
    Sarah & Sadie

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Candy, thank you so much for letting me know about this situation.

Jackie and Don, I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me and the world is a different shape!

I can not find the words to express my horror and shock at what has happened.

My love for you has never had trouble crossing the ocean and my love and the strength I want to share with you is in no short supply.

Tell Perry and Daisy that I know what is happening and I know that they can beat it - they have each other's strength and the strength of you both and your family to draw on. Please remind them that they also have people from all over the world to draw strength from.

You all have my love, as always.

Re: Good Morning

Originally posted by kohala
    Funny, Grasshopper senses something wrong has happened in the animal kingdom.
    I had the same sense as my Hannah, who certainly is not *clingy* in any sense of the word has done far more lap sitting and staying close than usual. I used the opportunity to tell her that her buds, Daisy and Perry, needed lots of our love as they were injured and needed sweet doggie vibes to help them stay strong.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Please forgive me, Logan and Leslie, for failing to thank you both for your much appreciated updates. And thanks to everyone for posting pics of Daisy and Perry. I have two precious shots of the kids on my refrigerator from Xmas. I have been talking to them all day, telling them to fight on, be strong, give each other love and encouragement, and get well can come home soon. And Rachel, like Hannah, my usually independent minded Star has been extra clingy and kissey too. I told both girls that their doggie buds were struggling to live and needed, as you say, all the "good doggie vibes" they could muster. I'm hoping that right now Jackie and Don are visiting the kids and getting a positive report.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hang in there Daisy & Perry, we are praying for you.

Hang in there you two. Those two must be big dogs in small bodies. I have never seen such pretty schnauzers. I hope they are doing much better! I called my family in here so we cold have more preyer power and all of our prayers our with you including our 9 pets and the 7 humans. Many hugs To Perry and Daisy. We love you.

Teddy, Chewy, Misty, Tundra, Smokey, Hoss, Buddy, Hope, Melony, Abbey, Joshua, Jerry, Vickie, Jerry(jr), Jonathan, and Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    And Rachel, like Hannah, my usually independent minded Star has been extra clingy and kissey too. I told both girls that their doggie buds were struggling to live and needed, as you say, all the "good doggie vibes" they could muster. I'm hoping that right now Jackie and Don are visiting the kids and getting a positive report.
    I didn't realy think about it until I was reading this, but Ralph commented yesterday on how snuggly Sadie was acting. She usually is, but this was even more so. Hope all is going well today!

For those newcomers who are curious about just who thesse two doggies are, Here's Daisy: http://DogoftheDay.com/archive/2001/March/23.html
    and the hero brother Perry http://DogoftheDay.com/archive/2001/August/17.html

Hang in there! We know you can make it! My thoughts and prayers are with you always.

Karen, thank you for reminding us how special Perry and Daisy are to Pet Talk people.

Can anyone tell us about the vet caring for Perry & Daisy? Is that their regular vet, or an emergency hospital, can family visit on Sunday?, etc.

I have been checking reguarly all day to see if there is any update. I checked Jackie's community For the Love of Dogs and she posted this update earlier this morning.

I just wanted to come in and tell all of our dear friends thank you so much for your prayers and love. I truly believe this is what is helping them to recover.
    As Logan and Colleen said Daisy is quite alert, she ate from my hand like a little piggy, she has puncture wounds which they are letting drain, still don't know if they will have to operate on her leg.

Perry is really holding his own, he has trouble breathing, but the Vet is somewhat encouraged by one lung inflated and the other he is draining the fluids. He has swelling around his neck and head. The pitbull got him around the throat. He was a brave little dog, he took the brunt of everything to save his sister so she could run and hide in her doghouse.

We get to visit them morning and night. The Vet has been really good giving us the news and letting us stay with them as long as we want. Daisy absolutely loves our Grandson, Chris and when he came in she covered him in kisses.

We are hopeful and all I can think of is getting them home. We haven't seen the pitbulls next door since the incident, I don't know if they are in the house or if they hid them somewhere. We have a big hole in our fence, which we will have to fix because they could come back in and attack us I guess. Buff, you are right Don wanted to get his gun and shoot him, but the only thing that would happen is that he would go to jail. It wouldn't help our pups, and it's not the dogs fault, it's the people.

Just wanted to say so far I can't put the picture of the day in the front page, I will come back this afternoon and try again. Don't know yet how this upgrade has effected the community.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes, you don't know how much they mean to us. I'm having trouble sleeping so, came on here to keep occupied.
    Love you all
    Jackie and Don Miss Daisy and Perry

Thank you Karen for the link to Daisy and Perry as Dog of the Day. Even back then, Jackie knew that Perry was very protective of Daisy!

Still praying!