Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PotC addicts

Oh crap, I totally forgot about this! Want to start something different? Like posting pictures and/or news for AWE?! I'm soooo hyped about that movie!
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    yea, but lets keep doing this aswell

It amuses moi.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

You picture crazy poster...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates..._World%27s_End

now post the next line already!!!!!

*Pintel and Ragetti walk in*

P- You'll be dining with the captain, and he requests you wear this. *hands dress*

E- Well you can tell the captain that I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

P- He said you'd say that! He also said that if that be the case that you'll be dining with the crew...and you'll be naked. (poor Lizzy!). *Liz takes the dress* *Pintel has a disappointed look on his face * Fine.

*Food is being brought out and Liz is seeing eating veryyyy daintily*

B- There's no need to call on ceremony or call to impress, you must be hungry.

*Lizzy dives into her food*

*barbie pours some wine*

B- Try the wine. *liz grabs and drinks* And the apples...one of those next?

E- It's poisoned!

B- There'll be no sense to be killing ye Ms. Turner.

then release me, you have your trinket, I'm of no further value to you.

You don't know what this is, do ye?

It's a pirate medallion

this is aztec gold, one of 882 identicle pieces they delivered in a stone chest to cortés himself. Bloodmoney paid to stem the slaughter he wreaked upon his armies but the greed of cortés was insatiable. So the heathen gods placed upon the gold a terrible curse. Any mortal that removes but a single piece from that stone chest shall be punished... for eternity

I hardly believe in ghost stories anymore Captain barbossa

Aye, thatès exactly what we first thought when we were first told the tale. Buries on an island of dead what cannot be found. Find it we did, there be the chest, inside be the gold. And we took 'em all. We spent em and traded them and frittered em away on food, drink and pleasurable company. The more we gave em a away, the more we came to realise the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths and all the pleasurable comppany in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men, miss turner, compelled by greed we were but now... we are comsumed by it.

There is one way to end our curse however, all the scattered pieces of the aztec gold must be restored and the blood repayed... thanks you ye we have the final piece.

And the... blood to be repayed?

that's why theres no sence to be killin ye... yet. Apple?

*Elizabeth tries to run away*

B- Arr! (luv how he actually said 'arr')

*still chase each other then Liz stabs him in the chest with a knife*

*barbossa takes it out*

B- I'm curious, after killin' me what is it ye plan on doing next?

*liz runs out and sees crew in skeleton form*

B- Look! The moonlight shows us for what we really are! We are not among the living, and so we cannot die but neither are we dead! For too long have I been parched with thirst and unable to quench it, for too long for i've been starving to death and never died. I feel nothing, not the wind on my face...or the spray of the sea....or the warmth on a woman's face. *reaches out to touch Liz's face but his own hand turns into a skeleton. walks out into moonlight and whole body turns into skeleton* You best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner...you're in one! *drinks wine which goes right thru him* What are ya staring at? Back to work!

*mumbles* you heard the captain, back to work

Feast your eyes captain, all of them faithful hands before the mast each man worth his salt... *pauses to look at Marty* and crazy to boot

so this is your ablebodies crew?

You sailor!

Cotton, sir

Mr cotton do you have the courage and fortitude to follow orders and stay true in the face and danger and worse almost certain death? Mr. Cotton! Answer, man.

He's a mute, sir, poor devil had his tougue cut out. So hes trained the parrot to talk for him no one's yet figured out how

*opens mouth*

*jack isclearly disgusted*

Well, you've proven they're mad

And what's the benifit for us?!

You evil person! That is MY avatar!!!!! I'll sword-fight you for it *pulls out cutlass* **but what Monica doesn't know is I have a pistol hiding on my person!!!! muh ha ha ha ha ha!!! I have a bunderbuss too, but like yea...**

can I just interrupt the dialogue for a second? GreyhoundGirl and dogzr#1, have you seen the movie "Don Juan deMarco" with Johnny Depp? Did you like it? Here's why I ask. Marlon Brando is in it. He was also in the 1955 film of the musical "Guys and Dolls" which was on Chicago public television Saturday night. I love "Guys and Dolls" which got me wondering what Brando did after that and the Godfather films. Anyway - what can you tell me about "Don Juan DeMarco"?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

*hugs avvi* Ooooh yeah, I got it first. AND I used it first. *whistles* *A huge pirate ships comes up, cannons at the ready* You STILL want to fight for it? *cocks eyebrow*

Oh and I'm sorry Cassiesmom, but I haven't personally seen that movie, but my friend has and said it was a good movie. He might have different tastes than you, but he said he liked it.

cassiesmom I love that film. Here's a summary.

Don Juan DeMarco
    Produced by Francis Ford Coppola
    Written & Directed by Jeremy Leven
    New Line Cinema, 1995, 97 minutes, PG-13

Starring:
    Marlon Brando, as Dr. Jack Mickler
    Johnny Depp, as Don Juan
    Faye Dunaway, as Marilyn Mickler
    Géraldine Pailhas, as Donna Ana

Johnny Depp is sensitive and handsome and just, right, in the role of Don Juan de Marco, a kid from Queens who believes that he is Don Juan, the world's greatest lover. The scene opens with close ups of a leather bound copy of El Burlador de Sevilla1, laying on a table covered in red velvet. We pan slowly over leather gloves and silver. Someone is getting dressed in the manner of a spanish gentleman, slowly and with attention to the details. An elegant black mask appears and is donned as we meet our hero in the mirror.

"My name is Don Juan de Marco, I am the son of the great swordsman Antonio Garibaldi de Marco who was tragically killed defending the honor of my mother, the beautiful Dona Inez Santiago de San Martin. I am the world's greatest lover."

We are surprised to follow Don Juan out into the crowded streets of a modern city, and into the lobby of the elegant Hotel Sevilla. Where he is greeted by the doorman Nicholas. Don Juan continues his soliloquy:

"I have made love to over a thousand women. I was 21 last Tuesday. No woman has ever left my arms unsatisfied. Only one has rejected me, and as fortune would have it, she is the only one who has ever mattered. This is why, at 21, I have determined to end my life."

The world's greatest lover then proceeds to demonstrate his impressive talents by picking up a cute but neurotic lady in the bar, who is wooed expeditiously and soon returned to the arms of her husband in a much better mood.

"Every woman is a mystery to be solved. But a woman hides nothing from a true lover. Her skin color can tell us how to proceed. A hue like the blush of a rose, pink and pale and she must be coaxed to open her petals with a warmth like the sun. And the pale and dappled skin of a redhead calls for the lust of a wave, crashing to the shore so that we may stir up what lies beneath and bring the foam and delight of love to the surface. Although there is no metaphor that truly describes making love to a woman, the closest is playing a rare musical instrument. I wonder does a Stradivarius violin feel the same rapture as the violinist when he coaxes a single perfect note from its heart? "

Impressive technique, but clearly nothing to write home about for our Lothario as he bids his lady good night and proceeds to implement his plan to end it all.

We next meet Dr. Jack Mickler, a jaded and aging psychologist, who is called upon to assist the cops in talking a nutcase suicide down from the airy heights. Mickler meets Don Juan, sword drawn, pacing along the edge of a billboard. The huge sign contains a Canary Islands travel ad filled with the image of a beautiful woman laying on a white sand beach, the turquoise sea sparkling behind her, and a small black mask, suspiciously like Don Juan's covering her eyes. Mickler, a lumpy cynical everyman, is called upon to assist the tired and bored cops. He rides the lift up to meet Don Juan and in a cynical but brilliant gesture to Don Juan's delusion, invents the persona of a spanish nobleman, Don Octavio de Flores, on the spot. Don Juan, recognizing a compatriot in Mickler, relates the depth of his love to Donna Anna, his one true love.

"Have you ever met a woman who inspires you to love until your every sense is filed with her? You inhale her, you taste her, you see your unborn children in her eyes and know that your heart has at last found a home. Your life begins with her and without her it must surely end."

Mickler, realizes immediately that this young man is not your average nutcase, and he begins the process of inhabiting the newly created role of Don Octavio. He is both intrigued with Don Juan, and faced with the immediate problem of getting him down from the billboard alive.

"I have no doubt that losing a love like this can be very painful, but why lose hope along with life? Why lose everything? You must not forget that the power of your love, the power of the love of Don Juan is eternal and will not be denied."

Don Juan is swayed by the force of Mickler's argument and his apparent understanding of the importance of love. So he agrees to dismount the billboard and return to Don Octavio's Villa for rest and recuperation. The cops are impressed, the crowd is disappointed and the stage is set for a fascinating exploration of the life of Don Juan2. In the process the movie makes a case for the role love can and should play in our lives.

Johnny Depp is perfect for the role of Don Juan, Brando, gives a subtle and throughly convincing portrayal of the burned out Dr. Mickler searching for some meaning in his life, and Faye Dunaway is pure fun as Mickler's wife. The dialog is crisp and witty, the cinematography is elegant and the ending is as lovely as it is inescapable.

There are only four great questions in life:

What is sacred?

Of what is the spirit made?

What is worth living for?

And what is worth dying for?

The answer to all of them is the same,

Only Love.

- Johnny Depp, as Don Juan de Marco4

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1430034

BTW Johnny & Marlon became good friends and he appeared in another JD film called 'The Brave'.
    Here's a picture of them on the set of Don Juan De Marco (click-click)

Quote Originally Posted by dogzr#1
    *hugs avvi* Ooooh yeah, I got it first. AND I used it first. *whistles* *A huge pirate ships comes up, cannons at the ready* You STILL want to fight for it? *cocks eyebrow*

Oh and I'm sorry Cassiesmom, but I haven't personally seen that movie, but my friend has and said it was a good movie. He might have different tastes than you, but he said he liked it.
    Yea I still wanna fight for it

"Here, Kraken, Kraken, Michelle has a snack for you... Yea, eat her. But spit Johney out first, will ya?"

I haven't seen the movie either.

ChrisH, thank you so, so much! I will definitely get the DVD. I think I might have seen part of it on cable but never sat down and watched it through from beginning to end. I was not a huge fan of Johnny Depp until I saw the first of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, so I have some catching-up to do in terms of seeing his other work.

GreyhoundGirl and dogzr#1, I'm sorry for interrupting your dialogue. I heard the Captain, now back to work!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

lol Monica Depp may post next, as I made the last script line post

*goes to Davy Jones and...persuades ( ) him to call off the Kraken*
    OH yeah...

Sexy Jack- *goes over to voice* Anamaria. *gets slapped*
    Will- I suppose you didn't deserve that one either.
    Sexy Jack- no, that one I deserved
    Anamaria- You stole my boat!
    Sexy Jack- Actually- *gets slapped again* Borrowed. Borrowed without permission with every intention of bringing it back.
    Anamaria- but you didnt!
    Sexy Jack- You'll get another one!
    Anamaria- *points finger* I will...
    Will- A BETTER one.
    Sexy Jack- A better one!
    Will- That one! *points to Interceptor*
    Sexy Jack- What one? That one?! Aye...that one! What say you?
    Anamaria- Aye!
    Rest of Crew- Aye!
    Cotton's Parrot- Anchors aweigh!
    Gibbs- no no no no no, bad luck to have a woman on board.
    Sexy Jack- It'd be far worse not to have her.