Thread: A very sad story

A very sad story

Hello animal lovers. My husband and I are both love photography and have registered with several photo sites. One of them being Photo.net.

Scrolling down the bottom of a page one day, I cam upon a thumbnail of a gorgeous dog and clicked on it out of curiosity. The result is a lovely but very sad story of a Samoyed dog named George. I cried and cried reading his story but also came upon a very special poem which I would like to share with you. Some of you may already have heard this.

[B]
    The Rainbow Bridge Author not known

There is a bridge connecting heaven and hearth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches. The ears are up. The eyes are staring. And this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet, you take him in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated. [/COLOR]

For those of you who wish to read George's story, visit this link http://www.photo.net/samantha/samantha-I.html

Now... lets all go and give our beloved pets a great big hug and thank God for the precious gift we were given.

I have read that, and just love it. The last sentence really catches your throat with the overwhelming thought of this reunion...

A very sad story

Yes a very sad but well read story.. I do love the RainBow Bridge Poem.. Thanks for sharing

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

That is such a sweet story, it made my eyes water, even though the end is happy, it makes you wan't to cry for some reason.
    Kittens are sweet,
    They land on their feet,
    They are very fuzzy and neat,
    They love you back,
    and that is a cat!

R.I.P. Annie and Hamtaro the hamsters, Smokey the turtle and maybe to Terry the lost turtle

What a sad yet beautiful story