Thread: Goo Goo Dolls?

Goo Goo Dolls?

Anyone a fan?
    Here are some pictures from the concert I went to last week. It was all GA and I was right at the rail, perfect for seeing John, Mike, and Robby!
    Note: None of these pictures are to be used for any purposes without written permission from me, Nicole.
    Singer from Over It

*Nicole*

*Nicole*

*Nicole*

Wow! What good shots and that must have been so much fun! I do like some of their songs. I wish I could've been there...

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Great Pics.Looks like you had a blast.
    I have never heard of the Goo Goo Dolls.What kind of music do they sing?
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Wow. I didn't realize the Goo Goo Dolls were still around to be honest!! I saw them when I was in college, about 10 years ago!

I'm jealous! I love the Goo Goo dolls Great pictures!

The Goo Goo Dolls have been a band for twenty years, and they have 8 albums.

Some of their hit songs include
    Iris
    Name
    Broadway
    Slide
    Black Balloon
    Here is Gone
    Better Days (used by CNN for Hurricane Katrina)
    Their newest single is Let Love In.

*Nicole*

Great pics Looks like tons of fun!

Iris is one of my all time favorite songs

Lucky! I love the Goo Goo Dolls!

11. My best friend got me hooked on Better Days,, its an awesome song.
    i shall see if can find more stuff by them

How fun! I love the Goo Goo Dolls.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I was just moving through the board and saw this and got really excited, hahah.

I love the Goo Goo Dolls. I went to their concert a few weeks back and it was really awesome.

Your pics came out great, were you really close up front?

I have a few, if you don't mind me posting

It was so fun.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Great pictures!! Was that in Ontario?
    I was right at the rail only a few feet from the stage.
    Here is a review I typed up for a GGD message board.

The concert was awesome! It was held in a giant dome (cover all arena) This was the first concert in this arena. It was all standing room, general admission.
    We arrived at 4:45 and there was a little bit of a line. We waited outside until 6 pm. We were able to find a decent spot off to the side of the stage behind a few people who were at the rail. 7:30 the band Over It played for about 45 minutes. They were good. Their music was so loud you could barely hear the singer, so I can't really comment on their singing abilities. This was their second concert with GGD. During the intermission there were a group of girls behind me trying to push their way to the front. I wasn't about to let them push through me, but I took this opportunity to move to the open spot closer to the rail that they wanted. There were a few people in front of me, but someone offered me a spot on the rail. It was off the the right side of the stage, both John and Robby came right in front of me periodically. I felt bad for my friend who was trapped in the crowd. I have never been this close at a concert, it made the whole experience 100 times better. They were a few feet in front of me, and I could see the entire stage.
    At 8:45 the Goo Goo Dolls took the stage. Their set list went something like this:
    (the order isn't completely accurate)
    Stay With You
    Slide
    Name
    Black Balloon
    Without You Here
    We'll Be Here (When Your Gone)
    Smash
    Tucked Away
    Naked
    Better Days
    January Friend
    Iris
    Sympathy
    Let Love In
    Broadway
    Feel the Silence
    Encore:
    Become
    Give a Little Bit

Both John and Robby were amazing live. John talked about spending Thanksgiving in Staten Island NY with his girlfriend, and everyone spoke Spanish.
    When John played Sympathy, he made a big deal about remembering the lines. He said Robby was taking bets on whether or not he would remember the lyrics. When John successfully sang the song, Robby came out and gave him a hug and a kiss. (I unfortunately don't have any pictures)
    John threw lots of guitar picks into the audience, but I didn't catch any.
    The concert was superb and my ears are still ringing, I tried not to scream too much so I would still have a voice tomorrow

*Nicole*

No, it was in Quebec.

Ohh thanks for the set list! I didn't know the names of three songs so here we have it now! hahah.

Did you guys release black balloons through the crowd during the song, too? That was my highlight - it's my favourite song even. Ahhh, good times.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road