Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sebastian to the whitecoats tonight...bad news, photos

Sebastian to the whitecoats tonight...bad news, photos

He is to have his monthly lupron shot. And to be looked at to see if his steroids need to be further increased. While the increase over the last week was small the curative effect has also been small. He is still wobbly and still poops all over himself. We will see what the vet recommends. If you could keep him in your thoughts this evening we (Sebastian and I) would appreciate it. Thanks all.
    Last edited by Queen of Poop; 11-29-2006 at 09:10 PM.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Sebastian is on the downhill slide. He might have another month with his mommie. I will have to spend alot of time loving him up and making sure he knows how much I love him before he leaves me.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Gayle I am so sorry Sabastian is not doing well. Spend all the time you can showing him unlimited love so what little time you have left together will always be remembered as the most loving and bittersweet for his life.

(((GAYLE & SABASTIAN)))

Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight
    Gayle I am so sorry Sabastian is not doing well. Spend all the time you can showing him unlimited love so what little time you have left together will always be remembered as the most loving and bittersweet for his life.

(((GAYLE & SABASTIAN)))

Michelle
    Thank you. This will probably prove to be a very emotional and difficult time. Damn adrenal disease/insulinoma. With all the loving he's going to get he might just be happy to go!! He's a really sweet ferret and I've been blessed to be able to look after him.

(((HUGS))))
    I am so sorry Sebastian is doing bad.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Recent Photos

Here are a few photos of Sebastian that I've taken over the last few days. Note the lack of hair on my poor boy.

Poor Sebastian - but at least he is loved, and knows it - that's a lot more than many ferrets get, healthy or not!

(Poor skinny nekkid tail! )

Poor little Sabastian. He looks cute as a button to me still though. I think when they are ill and need of us more it makes them all the more beautiful. I had a ferret a few years ago we lost to lymposarcoma. We took her to countless vets and no one could find what was wrong with her. Finally we took her to Dr. Dezeeuw who IMHO is the best vet I have very had the fortune to encounter. He picked her up and felt her tummy and all and instantly said it's lymphosarcoma. He helps us help her live better and happier for about 6 weeks and then the meds after being increased 3 times stopped helping her. We had to let her go. I know the emotional rollercoaster you are on and I would willing bare some of the pain for you if I could. Treasure every moment. You are Sabastian are always in my thoughts.

(((GAYLE & SABASTIAN)))

Stay strong for Sabastian. And we will stay strong for you. There is always a shoulder here if you need it.

more ((((HUGS))))

Michelle

I'm so sorry to hear your little guy is so sick -- i'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts! *hugs*

I am so sorry that I am just now seeing this Gayle. He's been in my thoughts a lot, especially so since I haven't been able to check up on PT that often.

We will all keep him in our prayers, and you too. hugs to the both of you. If there is anything that I can do please let me know.
    Sue
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

We got thru the weekend and Sebastian seems to be doing a little better. I have cut back on the extra steriods we were giving him. I think he's getting too much. He's very active, almost to the point where he can't sleep. So this morning I gave him a little less, need to find just the right balance. At least he's not so wobbly when he walks but he cannot climb the stairs and really has difficulty on slippery surfaces. We had good cuddles and kisses and I let him know about all of your good thoughts for him.

Oh I'm glad to hear he is feeling better. What a trooper that little guy is. hugs to you both
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Thanks for keeping up with us.

He's started making these weird noises. I'm not sure if he's hurting or just wanting attention or what. It almost sounds like crying sometimes. It makes me feel awful.

He really wants out of the cage as soon as I get home. So I let him out, he wanders for a bit then pulls in for a nap in a sweatshirt on the floor and will snooze there contentedly for hours.

I know his time is coming up fast...and I just can't bear the thought of having to put him to sleep. So far, he eats as good as ever and poops like a trooper so we carry on with his paliative care.

I am glad Sabastian is doing ok for now. As long as he is happy and eating and playing I would think he is doing alright. I am not sure what the noises could be hoping it is just a call for attention. It maybe that. Where he has been getting tons of it lately he could be catching on and knowing that the cries get him the attention he is looking for. Ferrets are small little rascals and catch on pretty quick.

Good thoughts still coming for Sabastian and hoping for a while longer with you baby.

((((((GAYLE & SABASTIAN))))))

Michelle

I've avoided posting an update today. I'm not sure where we're at with sweet Sebastian. When he comes out of the cage now it's pretty much a beeline for the sweatshirt on the floor to pull in for a nap. I also found a big scab on his left heel that wasn't there last night - trust me, I inspect this boy from head to toe every time I get him out. He did his potty business in my bathroom this morning, he can't hold himself up so peed all over his tummy. Made the same crying noises while doing it. Will keep close tabs on him this weekend, but planning in my mind that he will make his last trip to the vet Tuesday or Thursday of next week. This depends on how he is doing, might be sooner if the need arises. I don't want to say good bye to my sweetie.