Thread: Okay, PTers, I need help. :(

Okay, PTers, I need help. :(

A couple of months ago, my husband and I signed up for paypal.

Now, last week, we ordered two books from Amazon. Same time, checkout, etc. The only difference is that they are coming from two different places. Okay, not a problem.

However, we have only received an order confirmation from *one* of the places (and should be getting our book some time soon). Is this something to worry about? Do all places send one out? I have never ordered something online and *not* received an order confirmation.

ALSO... regarding paypal... We thought something was fishy so we go to log in. It says we are using the wrong password. Now, I know we have never changed it and the like. So, we go to the lost password form and use it. We have tried to do this sevvvvveral times and received NOTHING. I have tried contacting them but have received no response (I understand, though, cause it was just a few minutes ago).

If this is not resolved quickly and efficiently then I will never use paypal again. I am frustrated to the point of tears because I don't know if anybody is charging or using money from our accounts.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Help, suggestions, etc, GREATLY appreciated.

I order my hair of the dog by pay pal. I get a receipt from them, then a receipt from Docs Blend. Also- if your account has not been used in a while, you got the message about the password to verify your information.

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    I order my hair of the dog by pay pal. I get a receipt from them, then a receipt from Docs Blend. Also- if your account has not been used in a while, you got the message about the password to verify your information.
    See, the thing is, I have received *NOTHING* whatsoever from PayPal regarding ANYTHING since I've ordered those books.

I did not get a password verification message. I got a message telling me that the password I entered, to log in to my account, was incorrect.

Books ordered from Amazon.com are often from individual sellers, so don't sweat it if you don't get a confirmation from them. I've sold my used textbooks on Amazon, and all that Amazon does is ask you to send the email, but many people don't.

As for paypal, is there a number you can call to reset the password?

Wow- maybe the customer has it set up it goes through them for the receipt. If they did not want you verify an account, maybe you should change your account. Any chance you are using the wrong password? or you have the capslock on?

Call them, 100 times if you have to, e-mail them, 100 times if you have to. I had problems when I first started with them, none since. It was a mess with my password. I finally emailed and told them "as hard as I am trying to get my password, how do you know it's really me?", I sent it to security. They responded quickly to that.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Wow- maybe the customer has it set up it goes through them for the receipt.
    I, *myself*, am the customer.

If they did not want you verify an account, maybe you should change your account.
    They didn't have me verify *their* sale of a book *to* me. Why would they verify my account? And why should, or would, I have to change accounts? That is not going to resolve anything, just cause more confusion and worry.

Any chance you are using the wrong password? or you have the capslock on
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi
    Books ordered from Amazon.com are often from individual sellers, so don't sweat it if you don't get a confirmation from them. I've sold my used textbooks on Amazon, and all that Amazon does is ask you to send the email, but many people don't.

As for paypal, is there a number you can call to reset the password?

WHEW! Okay, now I am not fretting so much about that one Amazon order. I guess I will just wait for it to arrive!

I was reading that they just set up something to where you can call. I will call them in a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy
    Call them, 100 times if you have to, e-mail them, 100 times if you have to. I had problems when I first started with them, none since. It was a mess with my password. I finally emailed and told them "as hard as I am trying to get my password, how do you know it's really me?", I sent it to security. They responded quickly to that.
    Your reply made me giggle a bit.

I have made it clear to them that I will be emailing (and now, calling!) them many times. I will be a very big thorn until the issue is resolved.

The customer means the vendor. They can set up their accounts either pay pal sends a receipt or they do.
    I am glad you got your answer though. The only time they said I had a wrong password, they just wanted me to go through the page to verify the account.. anyway- good luck.

The customer means the vendor. They can set up their accounts either pay pal sends a receipt or they do.
    I am glad you got your answer though. The only time they said I had a wrong password, they just wanted me to go through the page to verify the account.. anyway- good luck.
    No, the person making the purchase is a customer. The person supplying the purchased item is the vendor.

It's not a hit and miss thing like "hey, do you wanna send a receipt this time or shall I?".

I never have gotten the password wrong. I made that clear. I have not had to verify anything, etc etc etc etc etc.

I have not gotten any answer, though, thanks for your concern.

This is just a thought, but have you checked your spam mail filter?

Has your email address been changed?

I have been transferred from Comcast to Time Warner and they are throwing all kinds of things into the spam folder.

Check it out - maybe they have responded and you aren't getting it through your regular "inbox" on your email account.

Yes, as Gini said - check your "spam" or "junk mail" folder. You'll probably find a whole lot of paypal responses in there! You then need to mark it as "not junk" or add it to your address book, so they don't keep going to spam.

Yup, I have been checking my spam folder as well. I also double-check and look in my trash can as well.