Faith's story begins as a young pup growing up with her littermates. An energetic girl, always on the go, she was constantly ready to play and have some fun. She had the sweetest personality and adored attention. Her eyes would always catch me. Such deep soulful puppy eyes, and she had this endearing way of simply melting in my arms and gazing into my face... blissfully basking in puppy happiness.

Life always manages to throw a curveball when least expected it seems. At just under 8 weeks of age, Faith's life took a drastic change. She was playing with her littermates in the puppy playpen when I heard her yelp, then start whining and crying. I found her laying on her side unable to move more than to flop her head around. She had no control over her hind legs, only a very minimal ability to use her front legs, and could only seem to move her head and shoulders and cry.

A trip to the vet and x-rays confirmed our fears - she had broken her neck.
The vet's prognosis was grim. There was no feasible option for surgery that could be done. Without being able to correct and immobilize her neck, her chances of recovery were nonexistent. We were told we had two options. The first was to put her down. The second was to hope for a miracle...

She already has quite a fan club rooting for her, and I wanted to share her story (as it progresses) and updates. You can visit her page for updates on her progress and photos at this link:

http://www.abouttimeacres.com/Italia...s/Miracle.html