Thread: A possible aid for cat vomiting

A possible aid for cat vomiting

The holistic vet recommended I try Nux Vomica by Borin (I don't remember the correct spelling of the brand) to help with Panther's vomiting. I went to Whole Foods the other day and bought it. It is packaged in a blue tube and the herb itself is actually in bead form that dissoves in water. I tried it and so far so good. Panther has been on it for 24 hours and so far no vomiting. Yesterday was the first day he was actually able to keep down all of his food.

I know some of you also have trouble with your fur babies so I thought I would give you a heads up. It was under $7 so it might be worth checking out if your cat suffers from IBD or any other stomach trouble. Surprisingly this herb has done more for Panther than all the anti-vomiting and anti-nausea injections combined.

Edited to say that the maximum amount is 3 beads a day for a cat. You don't want to over do it.
    Last edited by fragrancehound; 12-03-2006 at 10:11 AM.

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------

I'm so happy the herbal medication is working. It is so wonderful when something so safe and simple works over high powered medications.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

This is wonderful news!!! I'm so glad to hear that it's working and hopefully Panther will now be able to recover and feel better soon.

I found the other thing that really helps with the vomiting is to switch foods to something that doesn't have artificial dyes or preservatives in it. It has made a world of difference in my household