Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Major Worries! IT's EVEN WORSE!!!

Major Worries! IT's EVEN WORSE!!!

Many of you have kept up with my daughter (Amy Beth / Jenna's mom) and her problems for a while now. We just this week got them moved into an apartment by themselves ... away from the low-life husband / father. They moved in the day before Thanksgiving ... 2 days ago.

Tonight my daughter called me from work and told me that this afternoon, her "husband" came to her apartment and told her that he was going to kill two of her guy friends. He did this outside in the parking lot with Amy Beth and Jenna. He then proceeded to lift his shirt and show her a GUN in his pants!!!!! He further threatened that if she told anyone, "don't think I won't kill you too!" As he left in his car, he again flashed the gun in the air at her.

After this happened, she came by my house to pick up her wash of work clothes. She never said a word to me, but I saw her talking to our neighbor who is a security guard before she left in her car. She held this all in while she decided what the best thing to do would be.

Anyway, by the time she called me from work (7:00 pm.) she had called the police, they had come to her work to talk with her, and Chad had been picked up and taken to jail. He is already a felon for at least two robbery and drug charges, and has served two short terms in jail. He just got off state probation a few weeks ago! So, he is now in jail .... BUT he might still be able to post bail!!!!

Amy Beth couldn't talk long from work, so she told me a few short details. She has a court date for Jan. 2nd, she is to file an Order of Protection on Monday ... she has been given a name of a shelter to go to if she and Jenna need it. Also, supposedly she said she actually heard them police say that "the weapon was in custody" from over the police car scanner. I hope to God she is right!!!! If he was indeed picked up and found with the GUN, then being a felon, that is a federal offence! (According to what she has been told) I am still in shock and as I said, only have bits of information.

Jenna was in his mother's care tonight, so Amy Beth was going to call to see if her "father" (who is only speaking to her again since the past 2 days) will go with her tonight to get Jenna from Chad's mom. I know this is very hard to keep up with, and I am having a tough time typing it as well.

Any way, I think you can see that things have gotten VERY DANGEROUS and I am TERRIFIED!!!! IF he gets out of jail, we are all in danger!!!!! We just got her and Jenna in an apartment, for 2 days now and now this! We were hoping he wouldn't find out where they were staying, but we figured it was just a matter of time. Apparently he saw my husband while he was actually hauling her bed over there, and followed him.

I'm so confused right now, I can't even think clearly enough to make sense typing any more. PLEASE PRAY FOR US ALL!!!!!!!!

Kim
    Last edited by kimlovescats; 12-18-2006 at 07:58 PM.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

How terrible! I can imagine how scary that must have been for you, as well as your daughter, of course.. I'll keep you all in my thoughs. Prayers are on the way.. ((((HUGS))))

Can you talk to the police and ask for some safety measures? That he not get bail?

A protection order is good, but Amy Beth and Jenna have to be in a safe place, since the order is only as good as its enforcement.

PRAYERS to you! At least - she sees what an animal he is!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear this. This is so scary. I sure hope that Amy Beth and Jenna will have the protection that they deserve and that Chad won't try to do anything to either of them or to any one in your family. Lot's of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent their way and to you as well. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I am praying for you all. What a sad and scary situation to be in. Please keep your doors locked and the windows closed and locked as well. I would suggest Amy Beth and Jenna go to somewhere where he cant find them. Maybe a hotel or something for a few days...
    I had this happen to me before.. Way before my husband! And he pulled a gun, I called the police and they did not do anything to him. It is hard when noone is willing to go the extra mile to make sure everyone is protected.
    And maybe you could atleast get someone to call you when he does make bail (from the courthouse) so you all can be prepared. Hugs to you and your family. I hope all works itself out. And I am glad Amy Beth decided to call the police. That is a step in the right direction.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Kim - this is terrible news and I'm not surprised you are terrified, I would be also. This guy sounds like the super-controlling type and they are dangerous. The image of him showing his gun and threatening to kill your daugher right in front of his own daughter is chilling and makes me deeply concerned for their welfare. Will you be able to find out if he gets out on bail? In your daughter's place, I would go right to the refuge if he gets out/when he gets out. Or at least place Jenna somewhere safe. Do you have relatives or close friends in another part of the state. Not that such a change wouldn't be incredibly traumatic for her. I'd be worried that he would hurt Jenna to payback your daughter.

What does your husband think about all this? Does he feel that you are all unsafe?

omg! if they have to...have them go to the shelter. they'll be safe there. please keep yourself safe, too!! (((HUGS))) you all will be held close in my thoughts and prayers. what a bastard!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I am so sorry, hopefully your daughter truly sees how he is now. I hope he stays away...I can't understand how they could let him out...hopefully they will not.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

That's awful! Please, keep safe. I agree with what everyone else has been saying, they should go to a shalter and hide. I hope that you're all safe and that that freak gets severe punishment.

Aw Kim, I am so sorry for your daughter, Jenna, and you!! What a nightmare this must be for all of you ! He is a monster, that is proven once more!!

Please stay safe too, Kim; a monster like that is capable to harm you too.... .
    You are all in my prayers, that's a promise!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Wow, I really don't know what to say. Sounds like a very scary situation, made even scarier that a small child is involved.

I hope everything turns out alright for your family, and that your daughter can sort out her problems, and start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    I am so sorry, hopefully your daughter truly sees how he is now. I hope he stays away...I can't understand how they could let him out...hopefully they will not.
    Ditto!
    I'm so sorry you've been going through all of this.... I pray she sees the light!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Kim I will just pray that he is held without bail. The blessing, if there is any, is that she can now see him for the danger that he is. I will pray for your family's safety in the meantime. I can't imagine living with this kind of horror. (((hugs)))

He bonded out!!!

The police called my daughter at 4:30 a.m. and said that Chad had bonded out. His bail was only set at $13,500.00 so he only had to pay $1,350.00 to get out! The police officer again told her that he had to sign a form and was warned several times that he had to stay completely away from her and Jenna or he would go straight back to jail without bond.

I did find out that the gun was a BB gun (at least) BUT, the cops said that it could still have killed her!!! I'm assuming because it would have been at such close range, and also depending on where he might have shot her.

They have a court date for January 2nd, and the cops assured her that he would be handcuffed the entire time. Most likely (I PRAY) he will be taken / sentenced to jail at that time. PLEASE PRAY for continued safety for all of us, particularly Amy Beth and Jenna during these next 5 weeks! What a way to spend the holidays, living in fear.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

That is just awful Kim. I hope everything get's sorted out soon and that everyone will be ok.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller