Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Precious is home and is not a Happy Camper

Precious is home and is not a Happy Camper

By the time My friend from the Animal Welfare could pick up Precious, it was too late for me to go along.
    The Vet had already gone early anyways so I could not ask the questions I wanted to.
    And she was not tranquilized so she a mad Little Cat with a Victoria Collar, and somehow I have to pill and change her bandages!
    How I dont know as shes wound up tighter than a drum.

Get this thing off me, Dad!!!!
    I want out now!!

GRRRRR!

Any ideas PLEASE!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

OH MY GOSH!!! I have to go find the thread of what happened to Precious!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Poor Precious. She looks pathetic.

I would wrap everything behind the E-collar tightly in a towel before proceeding to give pill or change bandages. Then hold her very snug and do the best you can.

Good luck.

OMG!! Poor baby. she does not look like she is liking her new collar very well heal quickly sweet Precious
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

Poor Precious! She does look miserable! I am so sorry for her and you...

She is gonna give you one heck of a time! Is there anyone near you that could come over and lend a helping hand? It will be hard to keep her calm and pill and change those bandages, because she is sore, and that E collar is no fun!

If noone can help, I would also try to wrap her in a towel. Good luck and update us as to how it goes!

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

I missed the thread on what happened to her also??? Poor baby, get well soon!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Poor Precious. I'm glad that she's home now but her ear sure looks like it hurts. Did they give you any pain meds for her? I hope that you'll be able to medicate her without too much trouble. I always wrap mine up in a towel so they look like a burrito. Get better soon Precious and be a good girl and take all of your meds. Good luck Gary.

Does she like chicken or shrimp? Perhaps you could break the pill in pieces and slip a piece inside a small bit of chicken or shrimp. This has worked for me in the past.

When I have a particularly difficult cat to pill and treat, I take them into a small bathroom before doing the towel wrap. If I wrap them in a larger room, they feel that freedom is just on good wriggle away. When they see the door close right behind them, they know freedom will be much harder.

Good luck with her care, it's going to be a rough time for you both.

I will try wrapping her in a towel, and see if that works.
    Shes tiny, but a lot stronger than she appears.
    Shes clawed my hands up a bit, and I think we both may need Meds.
    But the ear does not look all that bad, and should be healed up in a week.
    Thank You for the prayers for Precious, and I know she will be well, with All The Found Cat Hotel Angels coming to see her, and let her know that everythings all right.
    She got the OUCHIE when she and Pouncierge got into a tiff, and Pouncierge raked her ear with her claws, and overnight the ear got infected.
    Poor Little Precious.

Get me a lawyer Im behind bars.
    And I am so innocent!!!

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.

Gary, is there some wet food she really loves? You could grind up a pill and mix it into some really smelly, juicy, yummy treat food. I've done that on occasion with my cats, and we do it with some of the shelter cats.

Would one of your friends from the Animal Welfare help with changing the bandaging?

Good luck! And all best wishes to you and precious Precious that she will heal soon and be able to get rid of that lampshade around her neck!

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

poor sweet precious. You be good for pawpie and let him help you get all better. I know it is no fun being in that e-collar. And pills are pretty icky too but if you help pawpie help you it will be all better than new in a week.

I have no suggestions Gary. I think you already have gotten the best ones. Hopefully Precious won't give you too many problems with pilling and bandage changes. Good Luck

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I HATE COLLARS!

The Collar was annoying her so much she took it off and chewed it so we cant fit it back on!!
    So weve left it off, and hopefully she wont tear the bandages off.
    The ear does look fairly good.
    No COLLAR FOR THIS KITTY!
    HHHHHIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

When Pink Nose had his ear operated on two years ago, he was supposed to wear an e-collar. It was too big so I took it off him. He didn't bother at his ear at all. I told him he had to be a good boy or the collar would have to go back on (at least one that fit better.)
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Poor Precious.Sending get well thoughts and prayers to Precious.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010