Thread: March (Spring Break) Gathering In Saskatoon

March (Spring Break) Gathering In Saskatoon

Anyone up for it?

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I am!
    (had the flu for TWO weeks...so have not had my organizing cap on...if I ever had one!)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am willing IF I can get there and I can get time off work...I am probably the one lives lives closest to saskatoon on PT and I was just there this past weekend but since I dont drive....
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Mayyyybe. Sometime in the weekend would be best. I could probably manage to get a couple days off work. I *might* have my Malinois girl by then too so she'll be coming too!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

My school spring break is:

Monday, March 26

and school resumes:

Monday, April 2

But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

So...if Binka can make it to Calgary, then we can pick up Cali on the way.

I got room...how big are your puppies? Can we all fit in a Toyota Corolla CE?

If I have my pup by then, she'll definitely be coming with me. She'll probably be 2-3 months old so still very small! I'd love to bring Kai too but only if there's enough room.

I'm going to be buying an SUV sometime in the next couple weeks (car got stolen ) so we could use my car if space is an issue.

I dunno who I would bring lol

-Electra will have just turned a year, I have no idea how big she will be them, but I would love to take her, she is 17" currently and travels well

-Misty is 18" tall and sits on the lap of whoever is in the passenger seat and wont budge, she is friendly overall and would be much of a problem

-Happy is my biggest at 21" tall but she takes of the least space, usally finding a seat to curl up underneith, she sleeps on the floor, and is the most well behaved.. HOWEVER if we go to a dogpark she CANNOT come, absolutly out of the question in that case. she is fine with starnger dogs if I muzzle her and let her get it out of her system, but she wont be able to dealk with muliple dogs comming and going at a park, she will start attacking them.

-Ripley is my moms dog, but he is tiny, loves everyone and everything and loves to travel and run and play at dogparks

-Perky is a no go, she hates me lol she only likes my mom, and she wont play with other dogs anyway, she turnes up her nose

-Blair is ok, but he is kinda freaky, he cant go to our dogpark because he freaks out and slips under the fence.

I would only take 1 or 2 lol

by the way you guys realize that you awould have to make a detour to pick me up along the way, instead of going starugh to saskatoon you would have to keep going straight passed it a short ways to Regina, but from here it is VERY easy to get to saskatoon and its like 2 1/2 to 3 hours or so straight lol
    Last edited by cali; 11-23-2006 at 07:51 PM.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Yep. did the Regina to Saskatoon route a lot.

hey, we'll get to see Blackstrap Mountain!!!!!!

(Binka, promise you won't laugh......be nice. )

I like the idea of the larger vehicle - just wondering why an SUV as opposed to some of the wonderful mini-vans around?

Glad you are getting a new vehicle!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    (Binka, promise you won't laugh......be nice. )

I like the idea of the larger vehicle - just wondering why an SUV as opposed to some of the wonderful mini-vans around?

Glad you are getting a new vehicle!

Hehe.. I just plain can't see myself driving a mini van LOL. I actually would rather get a sedan like an Accord or something.. but it just makes sense to get a larger vehicle for the dogs.

Aw, Blackstrap!! When I lived in Dundurn, SK - the school took annual trips to go skiing and my family and I went swimming a lot there.. great place.

I hated that steep, steep hill you have to drive down (then cross the bridge), though.. in our standard Aerostar, I always thought we'd go hood over rearbumper or SOMETHING .. but I was younger. Maybe it wasn't as steep as I remember. I just remember I closed my eyes everytime we went down it.

I'm not sure who I'm bringing, if any dog. Depends how I get to Saskatoon.

So anyone have an idea which day(s) would be preferred?

It looks like I'll have to step down from planning to attend the meeting.

My boyfriend and I are planning on an expensive weekend trip to Harrison Hot Springs around the same time.

Too bad. I would really have liked to meet you and the Shelties!!

If Ashley is a no-go, I am too. Won't have my N in March. Ah well, I undoubtedly have a show that weekend anyways. Next time!!
    I've been BOO'd!