Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Molly and Doogie

I think this was a great thing all around. As someone else said, this lets the humane society update her chart about chasing cats (and probably other small animals in the house). And it gave Molly some time out of the adoption center so she knows there are better things on the way for her. For you, well, even though giving her up is hurting just now, you will have learned more about what you are feeling, when you will be up to adopting another dog, and I bet Doogie learned something too. (Being a cat, he isn't sharing until he is good and ready.)

Don't worry about having Duke's pics on the computer. I lost Dazzle 19 months ago, and I have his photos EVERYWHERE. On both computers, and on a jump drive "just in case." I printed all of them, TWICE, once for the permanent photo albums, and once for the Dazzle Book. And if I lose them on the computers AND the jump drive, I have copies I can scan in again. So I certainly understand where you are coming from with the pics.

best wishes for a bright future
    Sandra

Please don't feel badly about your decision Val - your instincts are correct. Doogie is a loving kitty - we know that from his relationship with Duke. It just wasn't the right time with Molly.

Everything that is meant to be will be in good time. For now take care of your self and take care of Doogie - you now he's there for you.

Hugs,
    Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

See? I told you that you wouldn't be bashed. You did what you had to do. God forbid you come home one day and find Doogie injured. It had to be shocking for the furrball too, not used to being chased. Doogie had to be frightened.

You will definitely know when it's time. I did. You need to grieve for as long as it takes. Extra head bumps for Doogie. Head bump yourself for me too! We love you and want what's best for you, dear friend!!!.

I've been Boooo'd!

No bashing here either Val. You had to consider Doogie and that is the bottom line. I was in PetsMart once and there was a kitty there in a cage. It was a purebred Persian and just beautiful. The note on the outside of the cage said "my people got a dog and we don't get along so now I am out of a home." I was stunned. Had these people never bonded with their kitty? How could they do that? When last two poodles died my hubby said no more dogs. The grief was too much for him. We waited almost three years to get Bella (I wanted a dog way before that though). In the meantime my kitties helped me heal and of course the rest is history. Take your time Val and just know that we all understand completely.

Val I am so sorry you had to take Molly back. I do think you did the best thing though all the way around. You tried and no one is going to blame you for that, Doogie is most important right now. I am kinda in the same boat, not sure about trying to bring another one home right now, mainly because of bei-jing. When the time is right you will know with out any doubt and Duke will help you pick the best one for you and for Doogie.
    You are in my thoughts every day.

Val I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how things were going, sorry to hear it didn't work out with Molly. When the time comes you'll find "the one".

Forgive me for saying so, but I told Mark when I first read about Molly that you just didn't seem to be very excited, I just didn't hear that excitement in your voice (or in your words) that one usually has when they bring a new dog into the house. I'm glad you did the right thing, for all involved.

Many (((HUGS)))
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Val, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but if there was concern about Doogie's wellbeing, you did the right thing. All it takes is one slip up and then it is too late. I've had to take the approach with all of our fosters and new additions that the ones who were already here have to come first. I have to be very careful about the ones who come to stay on a temporary or permanent basis. My Golden Retrievers are very calm, even tempered, and submissive dogs. I simply cannot risk upsetting them or having them injured because I wanted to do a good deed. The same goes for Mack and Butter. Mimi was always my biggest concern when she was living because she was so small and old. Thank goodness, we have always been lucky.

The right one will come along when you least expect it, and Molly will find the perfect home, I'm sure.

Logan

Everyone is different. Some people do need the companionship of another dog/or cat pretty quickly. Others need time. I had 3 dogs, lost first one and did not get another. However after they were all gone, within a short time I was ready for another dog. You have your cat, still your comfort and a place for your heart to share. Go by what YOU feel, and when you are ready.

Now, I have a few photos of my dogs up. They were "family" and I don't take down/away grandmas picture because she passed away, so keep those pictures around and enjoy the warm memories they will give you.
    I HAVE BEEN FROSTED !!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/tpc/ERA_110806_ARS

Click daily

I'm so sorry it didn't work out with Molly. But you have your precious Doogie to think about. You did the right thing. I'm sure Molly will find a new home soon. The perfect dog will come along when your ready. You are in my thoughts Val, I know how heartbroken you are. (((Hugs)))

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

He is such a cutie. I've obviously missed a lot since I haven't been around much. Congrats on the newbie!!! And I am deaply sorry for your loss sweetie. Duke sure was a well loved pup.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.