Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! Pee Pee War!

Help! Pee Pee War!

HELP! I rescue cats, and currently have eight. Two of the females hate each other, and spray all over the walls, doors and kitchen appliances! This has been going on for a few years now, and I 'm really tired of cleaning up after the "battles"! I have tried Feliway spray, but they don't care about it.
    These two "ladies of the house" pee on each other's toys and sleeping spots, and attack each other whenever possible! Both are "permanent residents" of our rescue home, and are quite happy with everything, except each other. They're allowed to go outside (mostly to get away from each other), but they come back in and spray anyway.
    The pee-pee war has got to stop! Medication isn't the answer here, because they each have their own medical issues...Any suggestions?

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Hi and Welcome to PetTalk!

I can only think of one solution: seperation. I don't think this is something that's going to change if both are in the house for so long. Maybe they're just very unhappy and can't tolerate the situation. Is rehoming of one of them an option? It sounds like a very big problem.

I once had to rehome a male cat who couldn't tolerate another my other 2 cats. It broke my heart, but it was the best I could do for him. He lived a very happy long life as a single cat.

welcome to Pettalk !!!!
    I know the subject is serious , but I hope you do not mind I had a good laugh reading your story ... Isn't very nice , I know , but just imagine your story as a movie .......... !
    Sorry if I cannot help you out ! Maybe you'd better get some advise at a rescue-shelter ? I am afraid there is not much you can do .. those kitties are all trying to tell the others : this is my spot , get away from here !!!
    Lots of success anyhow !!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome ! I will try to post some pics of my fur owners in a minute!
    We've spoken with a few of our "rescue pals", and some vets, but there doesn't seem to be an answer, much less any peace making on the pee pee battle field! It's been going on for so long, that we've all just gotten a big, exasperated laugh at the whole situation!, other than separation. Oh the things they choose to spray....Our satellite receiver has been replaced 5 times!
    Here's their naughty historyangey, also known as Madame D, and Queen of the Bed, is my fiance's owner...She is extremely attached to him - so much so, that we had to fly home from a job we were working out of state. We had to come get her depressed bottom! So, she's not going anywhere....
    Then there's Zipper: a loud, stubby little lady that has a bad hip, knee and tail! Many vets have said that her birth defects can't be corrected, but it's o.k., they don't slow her too much! Just look at all the pee on my walls....
    Everybody think hard on this one...I'll be cleaning the walls while you rack your brains!

I don't have much experience with this one, our babies are male and female and don't do this....the only thing I can think of is separation too...maybe not necesarily finding a new home for one, just allowing them certain rooms that are their own to walk in. I don't think you will be able to change the natural reactions that are in them. Good luck and tell us what you end up doing!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Welcome to Pet Talk. I don't know what you should do either. Since the two cats don't get along, the only thing I can think of is to separate them. Cats are supposed to hate tinfoil so maybe you could put that on the walls where they usually spray. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Our cats were spayed/neutered kind of young, they do not spray much, if at all. I am not a cat expert, but you seem to be having a dominance issue. Each one is trying to show dominance over the other. Rehoming one of them may be a solution.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Yup. We've discussed finding another home for Zipper, because Dagney is Phillip's cat - she'd die without him. Zipper has a great personality, but she's got some handicap issues that I have to be certain about. You all know how hard it is to let them go...I suppose I'm just being overly protective.
    So for now, thanks for all the good advice, and I'll keep following "the ladies" around with a cleaning bottle & rag!
    Oh, I'm still trying to post pics, but haven't had any luck - my file is too big?? I called it "My Kitties", but it's not working. Any suggestions? I'd love to show you all the Pee Pee Queens!

Well... Separation would help A LOT!!! Or...They could have their own quarters and wouldn't be allowed to visit.
    ~*Sprink*Fritz*Odie*~

"There is no more intrepid explorer than a kitten." Jules Champfleury

A purring cat and a glowing fireplace make winter bearable.

Is that the photo with the big black kitty and the two other ones?
    ~*Sprink*Fritz*Odie*~

We live in a VERY small condo - it's got 2 bedrooms and one of those combined living room/dining rooms, kitchen & 1 bath. But, it's got a huge backyard w/privacy fencing, so they can sort of get away from each other. The second bedroom is now off limits - too much pee pee on electronics! So, we're still working on the "separate space" thing!
    There's actually a second posting w/a picture below the one you saw. The three kitties are non-pee pee warriors!
    Here is Dagney - pee pee queen #1 with a little catnip action!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

And here is Zipper, the stubby, pee tossing, hated foe of Dagney, Queen of the Bed aka "Madame D".
    Oh, the drama
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gosh, I hope you/we can figure out a way to fix this problem. Have you spoken with a vet? Maybe they would have some ideas?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Most of the vets have suggested separation, simply because medication is not an option. A few that were unaware of both of their medical conditions had suggested just popping pills to calm them down, but I wouldn't do that anyway. I will tell you this: The other kitties are VERY TIRED of pee on everything. It's causing lots of stress for them.

Oh! They're both sooo cute!!! Why don't you put up: FREE CAT signs? I'm sure someone would like them...
    ~*Sprink*Fritz*Odie*~