Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you had one day with someone who's gone

If you had one day with someone who's gone

If you could have one day with anyone who has passed away who would it be? what would you guys do and why did you choose who you did?

I would say my granfather or grandmother, they were soooo amazing and taught me alot in life. my grandfather used to be a farmer and bred champion bloodline dobermans and show dogs and had lots of horses and rabbits and loved animals and my gram taught us how to cook great food and used to have great stories from back when they lived in Hungary and they were always there for me. I think I would just sit at there house with them and swing on the swings my granfather made with my grandmother and just talk to them about everything and anything!

My dad. Too many things were left unsaid and now that I'm older and wiser, I would definitely change some things.

Well, I was going to say my Dad but I talk to him everyday and he knows how I feel. So does my Grandmother.

I would have to say Randi's John (Jonza). I've heard about John, read his threads, seen some of his work and as far as I'm concerned, I would love to spend a day with John and Randi.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

my grandmother, because she was very special to me and we had a great relationship. she has be gone 3 years tomorrow.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

My sister...whole and healthy and smartass...the only thing I would want for Christmas.... She was wonderful.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My dad. I was only 11 months old when he died and I'd love to be able to know him.

My grandmother. She's been gone since July 3, 1999. The pain is still very sharp. It will never go away. This is the time of the year when I think a lot about her - She was an amazing person, had so much love for the family, she was the ROCK in the family. She kept us together. I just can't wait to see her again someday and hug her; never let her go. What hurts the most is that I never got to say my final good-bye to her; eventhough I remember that evening when I hugged her... I somehow knew it was my last time to see her.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

My Dad - just one day at his sparkling, wittiest, loveliest best would be fantastic. Maybe a game of swingball eh Dad??

and one last cuddle with my precious CallyPuss
    Last edited by Pawsitive Thinking; 11-21-2006 at 10:51 AM.
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by slick
    Well, I was going to say my Dad but I talk to him everyday and he knows how I feel. So does my Grandmother.

I would have to say Randi's John (Jonza). I've heard about John, read his threads, seen some of his work and as far as I'm concerned, I would love to spend a day with John and Randi.
    That is a very good idea, Slick

My Dad - he was my friend, confidant, picker-uper and general all round hero. I never had a bad day with him and he was wonderful. He died of a coronary thrombosis at the age of 47, I was 17 about to turn 18 and about to sit my final exams in school, my brother was 12 and had just made his confirmatio and my other brother was 9 and his birthday was 2 days before my dad died. He was such a wonderful caring kind man and looked after us all. My mom like her mother was and still is young widow and refused to meet or even try to meet a man again as my father she said was too much of a wonderful person to try and meet someone again she would always be comparing and felt that it would not be fair to that person.

If I could have him back I would tell him what he had missed out on with me and just have a general chit chat with him like we used to do and maybe sit and watch some t.v. curled up on the couch beside him like we used to do.
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

My grandfather, he was killed in a car accident before I was born.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by AdoreMyDogs
    My dad. I was only 11 months old when he died and I'd love to be able to know him.
    My Dad as well. He died when I was 2. All my brothers & sisters remember him and talk about "Daddy". I'd give anything in the world to know him....even for 1 day.

Okay...gotta stop typing...this thread is making me cry.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

My grandmother. She died of Altizmers, and became someone else in her last year, which made her death merciful- but I would love to have a day with her as herself to hold in my lasting memory.

My husbands dad, and his mom too! He never knew his dad, because his dad died when Bernard was only 2; his mom died 3 weeks after we got married...

I would love to talk with both of them!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

If

For me it would be several people. First it would be my mom who died 11 days after a car accident on her way to my house. It would also include all of her family which I never got to meet. My mom was born in Witzheim, Germany in 1925. Witzheim no longer exits, it was taken over by Russia after WW11. My mom's entire family were sent to concentration camp. My mom was 17 at the time. Everyone died but her. She was freed by the Americans when she was 21. I have no photes of any of her family, I had 10 aunts and uncles I never got to meet. When my mom was released she could not return to her home, never got to go back. I can't even imagine what it is like to leave your home one day and never be able to return. Losing everything you own including all the people you love. My mom was not Jewish, not that there is anything wrong with that, she had brown hair and brown eyes, her skin was a little darker. Not all Germans are blond. What a lot of people don't realize, and the German people are too embrassed to admit is that thousands of German people where sent to the camps not because they were Jewish, but because Hilter wanted their land, (my grandparents were farmers) or because they spoke out about what was happening. Even though my mom had this horrible life she was the kindest, sweetest person you could ever meet. She was not bitter at all. She tried to enjoy everyday, because she knew tomorrow might not come for you. She loved animals, and cared for them all her life. She was a very postive person. I miss her terribly. My daughter, niece and I are all extreme animal lovers like her. When I look at my daughter I see my mother's face, so joyful for me. I wish I had pictures of her family. That I truly miss in my life along with my mom.