Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They're Gone :( and I Feel Terrible

They're Gone :( and I Feel Terrible

Gable and Garbo went to their new homes today. I just feel sick even though I know they'll be loved and cared for. I hate this part of rescue. I just have to keep thinking they're much better off than a life in the park.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Now, now, mom, they will be loved and spoiled and make their new home all the merrier this Thanksgiving - what more could a parent want?

They're Gone and I Feel Terrible

Now you was a good mom when they needed one & now they have gone to FurEver Homes.. Each morning when the Sun Rises just think its a whole new beginning for them..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Just think about how much you changed their lives so very much as well as their new familys lives.You've made so many happy

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

The Best Part Is That Theres Now Room For Two More Cats Who Need Help.
    You Did Garbo And Gable A Great Service, Probably Saving Thier Lives By Getting Them Into A Furr Ever Home.
    Two Gold Stars For You At The Pet Guardians Hall Of Fame.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    The Best Part Is That Theres Now Room For Two More Cats Who Need Help.
    Gary is 100% right. we can't continue to help cats if we can't let go of some.

You did right by them! Congratulations.

Awwwwww

It must be so upsetting to see the little devils go on to other homes. I know how difficult it was when Timstead, aka, Radar moved to his new home. And I had only had him for a couple of days!

Kittens and many cats adjust within minutes of moving to a new loving home.

Rest easy, you gave them a chance no matter how you look at it!

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) Lisa, I TOTALLY understand!!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Lisa, I know it was very hard to let them go but you've done a wonderful thing by rescuing them, taking them in, and caring for them until they found their loving forever homes. How is Sable reacting to all of this?

I'm sure that you'll receive updates about them and hopefully a few pictures too. Will they be renamed? Do you know what their new names will be?

Thanks everyone! I know it was a good thing, but it's so hard to let go when you do not know the people very well, and don't know how the updates will be. At least when someone here adopts them we're all able to watch them grow.

I called last night and they were doing fine and sleeping. I don't want to keep bothering her, so I'll call again in about a week. Poor Sable, she's been going all over the place looking for them. This isn't easy to see either. As much as I love rescuing, I hate seeing this.

At least they are all safe, warm, and in homes! Thanks again!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Hugs to you and Sable. It must be so hard to let them go.
    Good luck babies!

You gave them a great start and now you've got room for more babies who need you
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Oh, (((Hugs))) to you, it's hard time
    I hope you will have great news from them in the future

So...it sounds like they went to the same home?

Poor Sable...she is such a gentle soul, I am sure she loved her babies so much...

Give her lots of cuddles from me...and has she met any of the other cats? I know you want a home for her, but maybe a kitty buddy would help for now, if you have a cat who is friendly.

HUGS HUGS HUGS to you and Sable
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

(((HUGS))) to you and Sable. Now for the first time in my life I understand exactly how you feel. It was so hard letting Twinks and Pops go but at least I still had Moxie, and now Decker too. It's amazing how quickly they can capture your heart.

From Decker with Love