View Poll Results: has an animal ever changed your life?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes*please specify*

60 98.36%
  • no

1 1.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: has an animal changed your life?

Horses changed my life! Ever since that very first riding lesson I had over 10 years ago I've always had an unbreakable love for all things equine. I'm sure I'll always be the same from now on

Of course, all my pets always change my life each day, to make them happier and well worth living for

Zimbabwe 07/13

The love my animals give me each day is amazing. That love is something I can never live without.

Good posts, everyone! Some of these stories are so touching!
    Ashley, I'm glad your doggies help with your depression. Believe me, it's not a fun thing to have, and animals really do help out a lot.

I love all of my animals, but Marius is my heart cat and we share a special connection. He always makes me feel better when I'm feeling down by climing into my lap, purring and nuzzling me. I can't help but feel better when he comforts me.

**hugs**

I don't know where I'd be without my kids. A fat lazy kid who never goes outside? Yeah, probably. xDD I got started in agility because of Chance...Dolly is my best friend. I like my dogs better than almost all of my friends and sometimes my family.

When I was out of work, out of friends and away from most of my relatives, my daughter got me an Australian Terrier. He was my reason for coming home from work and sweet companion. I've had a dog ever since.

I wasn't into cats until a stray black cat decided he was going to live with me. He pushed his way onto my lap on the front porch one day and just refused to leave. After several days camped on the porch, he was invited in. He met all of the dogs with no fuss, had impeccable manners and loved everyone. He earned the neighbors respect by catching rodents. He slept on one side of me while the 'big dog' slept on the other side. Black Jack stayed exactly one year and one day before he left. He is the reason I have cats today --- and always will.

has an animal changed your life?

Oh for sure My Babies Are My Life.. I live each day with happiness due to them..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I voted yes. My cat's Cubby and Henry have changed my life significantly. Cubby I've had for a while and he's my little boy, and I love him to pieces! A lot of the time in the past few years I've had problems with my family and such so it felt like he was the only one who would love me no matter what I did or said. And he was. He knew when I was in a bad mood and helped me out by being a lot more affectionate then usual and sometimes just leaving me to myself so I could think things through. My other kitty, Henry, is one of the most affectionate cats you could ever have. He usually stays outside because of my dad so I go out there often to just sit with him. He gives me a great sense of peace and sometimes I'll sit out there for 10 mins. or so, just petting him.

When I first saw this poll, all I could think of is how can an animal NOT change your life?

Every pet I've ever had has affected me in a good way, and I can't see it any other way.

The day I got my dear Sydney, was the first day of my new life: NEVER again would I be all alone in my house!!
    He he, I have 4 cats now,
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Indeed they have. =)
    Melani(my sister's cat) turned my thoughts about cats around. I'll admit it, I once disliked cats. After being able to actually get to know one, I fell in love, and got a cat of my own.

I agree with what was said already.. how can an animal not change your life? They're such influential beings.

My dogs have helped me get through a lot of changes in my life. When my parents got divoriced, my RB Missy comforted me. When I moved, Molli helped me just look on the bright side. I just can't wait to get my Sam back. I've been through worse difficulties these last few years, and my animals really helped me get through them.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Oh, my yes!! When I was younger, I had a Saint Bernard and she was my best bud. She sat by my side every day after I had surgery when I was 16. She was my everything. She protected me against my mean brother as well. Now, I can say that she gave true meaning to a best friend. I have several animals here that I love, but my Moose will always be my number one!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Medicine Cat?

I assume we all constantly experience the up-lifts of spirit that come from each sight of or contact with our little buddies, which of course, are life-changing in themselves.

But in a more significant sense, here's a "maybe",...you decide...:

Wolfy is an extremely and expressively affectionate cat. But like all of us, he has times when his interests are elsewhere, and going about his business is more intriguing than paying attention to his pet people.

One morning last week, to all appearances, he was in such a mood,...walking away to explore other things rather than be petted or picked-up, when I offered.

Turning to my computer, it was only a few moments later that I noticed difficulty reading the screen, and very shortly had lost half my field of vision, and began to have difficulty finding words, becoming uncharacteristically inarticulate.

My "girlfriend" (of 20+ years) immediately said "stroke" , and began preparations to take me to the hospital. At this time I could not see half of her face, no matter which eye I covered,..the effect was the same,...which indicated it was a brain problem, not an eye problem.

It was during these moments of realization of what was happening, that Wolfy came to me, insisted upon being picked-up, and stood on my lap doing the push-head loud purr thing with his face against mine, I mean VERY insistently, in complete reversal of his behavior of moments before.

I took time to clean-up a bit, shave, etc., while Pat warmed up the truck, , called the hospital, and otherwise prepared to leave.

By the time we were ready to go,...every symptom was completely gone!

We went anyway, of course, and after a cat scan ( , or should I say ANOTHER one?) the Dr. said "T.I.A" (Transient Ischemic Attack).

So transient, in this case, that the cat scan showed no evidence of the occurrence. (There was evidence, he said of an earlier, apparently small and unnoticed event, but nothing from this one).

So,...was there a "Wolfy effect" involved in this dramatic change for the better?,...or was it just in the nature of a T.I.A.?

We're giving Wolfy full credit, in any case. At the very least, he seemed aware, and wishing me well in as obvious a manner as he could.

Best wishes to all,

Wolfy ( I asked to use this forum name in Wolfy's honor,...he purred "Sure!")
    Last edited by Wolfy; 12-04-2006 at 10:35 AM. Reason: change term

Of course! My pets are one of the reasons I look forward to getting up each day! It's nice to have someone unconditionally love you.

Yup, my Squeek sure has been a blessing in my life.

After my first kitty Perkins was PTS, I was very depressed and didn't see how it would be possible to love anything again. When we got her she changed that for me and made life worth living again, she's my rock and I don't know what I'd do without her.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*