Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are BLACK Cats unique?

Are BLACK Cats unique?

I have a black kitty who is the first "Meower" cat I have ever had. She meows for any and every reason! Especially for me to play with her.

She is also unusual in that she FETCHES over and over and with GLEE and trills... not just once in a while. Right now since we cannot find her ideal toy (a small smooth plastic bottle top like from a water bottle) she is making do with the long plastic thingy (that comes off when you open the gallon milk).

I would like to hear from other folks who have BLACK cats who probably own them!

Is there something special about BLACK CATS and if so WHY?

By the way, I am a "Cat Artist" and haven't drawn my lovely BLACK kitty yet... Black animals are the most difficult the draw!
    Please check out my site below...

Thanks, Sylvi
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    See KITTY ART by SylviAnn
    www.SylviART.com/T-shirts

See KITTY ART for CAT LOVERS!!!

Welcome to Pet Talk SylviArt!

It's a lovely drawing you have done, I really like it!

I don't have a black cat, so i don't know if they're special in any way, but some of the other members have and I'm sure you'll get to hear about them!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hello Sylvi and a BIG welcome to Pet Talk. Prepare to become addicted!!

Your drawing is fantastic - it takes me all my time to draw breath!!
    I'll be having a look round your site later on.

I have two all black cats - Bagel (female) and Ketchum (male) and a black and white Dan (male), of course I'm a trifle biased!!

I think Siamese are sooooo unique and they talk up a storm!! I reckon Siamese cats think their human.

What's the name of your kitty - who sounds such a sweetie.
    We had a lovely (black!) cat years ago called Kipper (R/B) and she would play fetch for hours with little rolled up balls of silver/foil paper.
    But I think all cats are unique in one way or another - stand by for a torrent of replies!!!!

Lynne

welcome Sylvi !!!!!!!!

I am the very owner of a gorgeous black cat !!!
    I am not really sure that a black cat is BETTER than another one , but I surely believe they have special qualities !!!
    He doesn't really like to sit on a lap for a long time , but he is a master in giving hugs whenever he feels I need some support !
    He is also a very independent cat and loves to do just what HE wants !!! maybe this is a result of the Middle Ages where all black cats were banned ; so they had to be very strong and clever to survive !!
    Anyway , my Sydney is a real sweet cat , who loves to eat and purr at the same time !!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

Former User Guest
    Hi Sylvi and welcome to Pet Talk! Since you have been on our homepage already you know that we haev a black cat. I can't say if black cats are unique, since Casper is the first black cat I have had. I'd say all cats are unique in their own way, and no matter what color they are, theyre will be always someone to love them.

Once again, welcome to Pet Talk, have fun here!

Are BLACK cats unique?

Wow! Thanks for the replies and for signing my guestbook so I have a permanent record...

My black kitty's name is "Lucky" because I got her and her tortishell mom "Mandy" the day before Halloween. I was told by the lovely girl at the rescue shelter that normally they would not allow a black cat to be adopted before Halloween.... but she could tell I would take care of them. When I saw these two cats they had been in the shelter for 5 months waiting because the mama would NOT let the last baby go. I needed 2 cats and when I saw the kitties I proclaimed - "these are my cats!"

I don't mean btw that black cats might be more special than others, just that other people are telling me they are unique and different than others. NOT better of course. Someone also told me they were part Siamese???

Its hard to tell... I tend to call my little devil "My MEOWer!" since she is so vocal... and very loving too after chasing her toy around.

SYLVI

Need to change my website to http://www.SylviArt.com/kittyart.html

since that is where the CATS stuff starts

ATTACHED is the "Cosmik-Kitty" by Sylvi
    Order T-Shirts and Mugs on my site.

Whoops, trying to attach "Cosmik-Kitty" again by SylviArt

Hello, Sylvi, and WELCOME TO PET TALK!!!

I hope you like this - people here is great!!

I have a black cat, too - I love him dearly. I also have an orange-white cat, and I must admit I'm biased for black nad orange cats!!!!!!! As you say, I don't mean they're better or whatever, it's just that they specially draw my attention!!!

I'll post some pics of Neelix (the black one you can see on my avatar) later on - I'm at work now and can't do it right now!!

By the way - I LOVE YOUR DRAWINGS AND PAINTINGS!!!!! Keep us updated on any recent creation!!

Nita

And here you are...

... this is my sweet, lovely Neelix!!!!

Nita

Welcome to Pet Talk!!
    My black cat, Chester thinks he's unique but his 3 brothers of assorted colors would strongly disagree! Chester is a 'talker' and likes playing with lids off soda and water bottles too. He doesn't like to be held and cuddled. When I pick him up, he turns his head and looks at the ceiling. I get the feeling he's saying, "Hug me if you MUST but hurry and get it over with." He will lay beside be for a head scratch or tummy rub once in a while though.
    Last edited by momoffuzzyfaces; 06-11-2002 at 06:17 PM.

We have a tortie and an orange tabby and I will say that the female is MUCH, MUCH more vocal than the male....maybe that is something?

Our downstairs neighbor has three black cats. Her youngest one, Jackie, is so, so beautiful! She is lean and petite...I can just picture her being one of Cleopatra's kitties. She isn't very vocal from what I've seen, but I don't see her that often. She is really, really friendly though.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Welcome to Pet Talk SylviArt. I'm sure you'll love it here. I also love your drawings. I wish I had that kind of talent. I also have a black cat. His name is Pepper and he's fairly quiet most of the time. Sometimes he'll start yowling in the hallway for no apparent reason. My other cat Storm will go see why he's crying but it turns out to be nothing. He'll also cry when he wants some loving. He likes me to pick him up and give him a hug and he can be a lap cat when he wants to be. He also loves to knead me and then he'll purr very loudly and sometimes drool because he gets so excited. He also loves to eat and sleep and to play with his toy mice and balls. He would be a very good soccer player. He's a big mamma's boy and weighs about 17lbs. I love him and think he's very special but so are my other two cats.

Those are all beautiful cats that you guys posted. I must say I am partial to the longhaired kitties! My black kitty is medium length on the body and the TAIL is long haired and she is gorgeous but I haven't been able to get any pictures yet.

A young friend of mine has promised to film her FETCHING so we can send it in to Jay Leno or David Letteman. We'll see.
    Since I can't get the local news to cover me when I have a real story maybe "Stupid Pet Tricks"? lol

Thanks to everyone who signed my Guestbook! Come back and visit as I am undating alot including "Holiday Pets" which will be up in about a week. And of course there are T-shirts and MUGS that you can order - click on the underlined stores underneath the image you like.

I am excited to be meeting some cat people again and want to get into some active CAT webrings so if you know any good ones please drop me a line...

SYLVI

SylviArt,

Our cats fetch too, but usually if they are in the mood for it! What does your cat fetch? Noel and Noah usually fetch furry mice.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Fetching TOYS

MICE - as in toy mice or REAL? lol

My kitty prefers the plastic bottlecaps from Arrowhead Water but will fetch long plastic things from gallon milk.

SYLVI