I received this message inj an email and thought I would help by passing it on. I don't know anything about it other than what it says in the email.

Cross posting...Please contact Pat at the numbers listed below:

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Patricia Lamoretti
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 1:03 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [cat-rescue] URGENT - Five (5) healthy FIV+ cats need homes (Manatee County, FL)

PERMISSION TO CROSS POST
Contact PAT [email protected] (516) 606-8855

A friend of mine in Manatee County received the following email. It turns out, I rehomed 2 stray FIV+ cats from NY to this woman in Florida, who has now fallen on difficult times. If anyone out there can provide any leads or resources, I'd love to help these cats. They're all well cared for and lovely with easy temperaments.

EMAIL from Dave: My friend has been told my her park manager that she must remove her cats or move. She just lost her husband in July and has had to file bankruptsy as well due to his loss and loss of his income. Now to add salt to the wound, she is being forced to find homes for her 5 cats. They are all mature house cats, each with completely different personalities. I would love to have her come live with me but I am allergic to cats, dogs and bird, I just found out.

Anyway, all 5 of these cats are also FIV positive. All in great health however.

I am hoping that you might be able to help her. One is a younger Russian Blue, there are 2 orange tabbies, Oscar and Ozzie is Garfield all the way. He is a bit over weight...grin. Calie is a long hair calico. Quite aloof but very friendly. A real chow hound. She has to be the first at the feeding tough each day. The last one is Bugsy. He is a white and gray mix. Very handsome and very friendly. What a face he has.

Anyway, she is under terrible pressure to find homes before things escalate at her park. She originally took these cats in from a woman she met locally. Now after losing her husband, she is at wits end.

I hope you can help. Please feel free to contact me at any time. Thanks in advance.... Dave