Thread: Foster home needed ASAP - today!!!

Foster home needed ASAP - today!!!

There is a very confused Border Collie male in Marietta, GA. Name is Streak.

His owner died - and her son took the dog. The son no longer wanted the dog (we think he abused him) and gave him to the vet's office.

He has been acting very aggressive - but is not. He is just extremely confused and wanting to know where his owner is. He went from being a very loved dog to being taken away from his owner and thrown into a cage.

Today is his last day - he needs a foster home ASAP or he'll be PTS.

I direct you to this thread:
    http://bcrescue.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8128

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Border collie rescue in Ga. http://www.ambcr.com/

I'm not sure if anyone has contacted them or not - but the way Streak is acting right now, some have deemed him an aggressive dog (if you read Kevin_M_M's post on page 2, you understand he is not), and I don't think the GABCR would take him in - I can't email from where I am, anyway.

But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

do you want me to call them? You must be at work. Pm me the phone number where he is. So they can call them.

Here is some contact info for the vet's office:

The name of the vet's office is Town and Country East at 3822 Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30062. My contact person there is Diane and the phone number is 770-565-7175. If Diane is not there, just speak to Dr. Suz, she is the owner of the clinic. Just tell them that Victoria told you about Streak.

calling ... brb

Thank you so much!

I left 3 messages on the peoples name. The funny thing is one of my neighbors has being doing border collie rescue for years and is also listed. Meanwhile- I copied the links and emailed them as well.

I also called the office and told them we were just trying to get someone there.

Not to do a 180 here, but the decission has been made to put him to sleep. Something about the papers stating that in the death of owners, the dog was to be put down.
    This is a good example of having your dog in your will. MIne are- who is to care for them etc.
    I am calling off the hounds as they told me the decission has been made to put him down.

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Not to do a 180 here, but the decission has been made to put him to sleep. Something about the papers stating that in the death of owners, the dog was to be put down.
    This is a good example of having your dog in your will. MIne are- who is to care for them etc.
    I am calling off the hounds as they told me the decission has been made to put him down.
    There may be a reason why there are papers stating that if his owner's died he should be put down.

The dog I have now isn't a problem and if something were to happen to me he would be well cared for.

But....... many years ago, I rescued an Akita from a small animal control that I did volunteer work for. He had been through many homes and had been abused but was a very sweet boy. Because of his past, the decision had been made to euthanize him rather then send him to yet another home with a stranger that didn't know him. That was when I stepped in. The agreement that was made with the A/C director was that if anything happened and I could not take care of him, he would be put down.

It upset me too. I mean we were within 30 minutes of getting him out of there. The son brought some papers in stating from the mother ( also previously deceased) to put him down. I was told by Jenni ( the head of the rescue) that some border collies never accept when a owner dies- common in the breed for this loyality.

I am sorry bc mom- we tried.

Streak had to through all of this stress for NO REASON. This dog still could have been saved. I can't say I ever want to meet this "son" (not that I ever will). I would do something I didn't like.

Thank you to all who have responded to help Streak. I spoke with the vet's office and they told me that "the decision has been made." Streak will be pts tomorrow a.m. The owner's son has been more forthcoming with information and it seems that Streak has a history of biting. Apparently, the owner left behind instructions for her son and they are being followed. Their ashes will be spread together.

I am very sad about this, but also very grateful to all who offered to help.

Sincere & Heartfelt Thanks,
    Sunny

I am sorry honey- I tried.. They would not let him go. I had someone to get him out of there but she told me, the decission was made. I am Michelle...