Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stolen show dogs

Stolen show dogs

CROSSPOSTING FOR OWNER:

I need everyones help and prayers today. Yesterday on the way to a show in
    Greensboro, NC my handler stoped at a rest stop and took a Golden puppy out
    for a walk in the dog area behind the building. When he came back a window had
    been broken and the other 7 dogs he had with him were taken. 3 were mine and
    I am devastated for myself, 1 other client and my handler as 3 were also his.
    There were 3 Maltese. My 1 year old female Nikki, my 7 month old male (that
    I co own with my handler ) Geno and 8 month old male Peanut. Both boys were
    wrapped. Also in the van was my 1 year old Pom Magic. He is 3 1/2 to 4# is
    an orange sable with a lot of black, very dark. The other 3 were Chihuahuas.
    All 3 are smooth coats 2 are fawn. One of the fawns is the dam of a number of
    champions and is subject to seizures if she becomes stressed. She is bred
    and will require a c section. Her name is Ellie and she is very quiet and
    sweet. 1 has unusual coloring. She is a silver color with black sabling. She has
    a black saddle and a silver blaze. She is microchipped her # is Avid

Please post and cross post this anywhere and everywhere you can think of and please pray for their safe return.
    Thank You, Darlene

You can contact me at this e mail address or on my cell phone 678-471-6912
    and you can contact my handler
    Rob Storey at _RStorey@BMNet. Com_ (mailto:[email protected]) or
    865-621-4424 .

That's devastating! I hope this person gets every single dog back!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

this was posted on my myspace group. i hope they find all the dogs!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I sent this to the two handlers I use as they go from show to show to spead the word. I forwarded this to a handler magazine. They will have to check the facts, but if they can put it in there, it might be easier to find the dogs.

its just awful isnt it? Thank you for helping out Borzoimom!

My sources are looking for more avid chip numbers. Please pm me...

Wow what a shock,This has been happening alot more lately,i hope they are found,the owners must be freaking!

That's a TN number, isn't it?! I hope they find their dogs.. . I'll keep a lookout for anything up my way.. Greensboro is pretty close to me, too.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Crossposted

I crossposted this on a MI rescue board

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I wish more dog shows would do what Westminster does. Westminster they scan dogs at will for the chip numbers of the dogs. They say they do this to verify the dogs in the ring are the actual dogs. The first time they scanned one of mine, I didnt know they just do this at random. Good thing I had his number on my shot records.
    As people that show know, you have to take your shot records with you to shows to be viewed by the vets if asked. Its a good idea to make sure your microchip number is on those records. With Zubin and Galina for their heath certificates to go into the hospitals, they put their chip numbers on their too.

OMG!
    I pray for the safe return of all of the pups.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I hope they find them all safe and sound. When were the dogs taken? Has there been any news of them?

Let's clear this up: "I wish more dog shows would do what Westminster does. Westminster they scan dogs at will for the chip numbers of the dogs. They say they do this to verify the dogs in the ring are the actual dogs. The first time they scanned one of mine, I didnt know they just do this at random. Good thing I had his number on my shot records.
    As people that show know, you have to take your shot records with you to shows to be viewed by the vets if asked. Its a good idea to make sure your microchip number is on those records. With Zubin and Galina for their heath certificates to go into the hospitals, they put their chip numbers on their too. "

It's been awhile since I've been to a dog show. When did it become mandatory to carry shot records to dog shows? New York city does require a health certificate for every dog that is entered, but the majority of other shows do not.

Each exhibitor entering a dog at Westminister is issued an exhibitors admission ticket and dog identification pass. That is all that is necessary to get in the door. They do not scan them for microchips at ringside! If they did, a notice of the requirement would have to be clearly noted in the premium list.

Entry at Westminister is by invitation only and only open to Champions of record. There are no individual classes like there are in regular dog shows.
    Last edited by bluebird; 11-17-2006 at 10:40 AM.

I do think this was this past weekend or the weekend before. Sure would like to get an update from this original message.

I've seen it posted several places and I got it by email many times, but it is always the same message.

Logan

Well...I found this update (dated today) asking anyone within 50 miles of where they were taken to check the area flea markets. But, it still doesn't indicate where they were taken from. And with a week to move these pups why within 50 miles. Has anyone contacted any of the people involved?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird
    I hope they find them all safe and sound. When were the dogs taken? Has there been any news of them?

Let's clear this up: "I wish more dog shows would do what Westminster does. Westminster they scan dogs at will for the chip numbers of the dogs. They say they do this to verify the dogs in the ring are the actual dogs. The first time they scanned one of mine, I didnt know they just do this at random. Good thing I had his number on my shot records.
    As people that show know, you have to take your shot records with you to shows to be viewed by the vets if asked. Its a good idea to make sure your microchip number is on those records. With Zubin and Galina for their heath certificates to go into the hospitals, they put their chip numbers on their too. "

It's been awhile since I've been to a dog show. When did it become mandatory to carry shot records to dog shows? New York city does require a health certificate for every dog that is entered, but the majority of other shows do not.

Each exhibitor entering a dog at Westminister is issued an exhibitors admission ticket and dog identification pass. That is all that is necessary to get in the door. They do not scan them for microchips at ringside! If they did, a notice of the requirement would have to be clearly noted in the premium list.

Entry at Westminister is by invitation only and only open to Champions of record. There are no individual classes like there are in regular dog shows.
    It is mandatory at any show you have the shot record of any dog. Also I have the vet my chip numbers on the papers incase they check it. Westminster requires chips to verify the dog in the ring is the dog listed.
    Several of our big shows do scan shows. Zubins last Best Of Winners they scanned him as well as the breed winner ( Poseidon) that took Westminster Best of Breed the 2006. Westminster is done by the top 25 of each breed as an invitational. However- if a puppy has gotten alot of points and fast and top honors, they are invited.
    Westminster is WILD! I usually stay out of town and just drive in for my class as my dogs never did well in a " concrete jungle." Its a benched show, which means the judge comes through as the dogs at a bench alias like wood etc cubicle, picks out the best, then those selected go into the breed ring to compete for Best of Breed. They have 25 slots for the top 25 in the breed, and if one declines they take the next highest winning puppy. But by then, like my guys, they are older.
    We are out this year- although Zubin has enough points to go, it takes up to 3 years to get a good coat in a Borzoi. And.. it is a serious amount of money to compete.
    Zubins dad took AOM ( Award of Merit) at the Eukenuba championships last year. Award of Merit is like - you have a BOB ( Best of Breed) then Best of Opposite Sex ( the opposite sex of the BOB) then Best of Winners is the top of either male or female ( bitch) - meaning that the winners of the classes like Open Dog/Bitch and Bred by Exhibitor, and of course the puppy class winner ( if n/a) - ( these are usually adult dogs that could win against the Best of Breed comp class them), Then - AWARD OF MERIT MEANS= the dog/bitch was a Champion so they could not take Best of Winners but deserved ( by the judge) to be Recognizes.
    Technically speaking- if the BOB could not show in the group ( in my case hounds) the BOW's is to go into the ring. They had a case with bealges at Westminster last year that sprained his leg. THE BOW went in for him. Opposite sex means its the best of that sex of the breed in the ring- and they can call for a judge against BOW and the BOW and that winner could take the ring..
    I know my dog show lingo is alot- but I have been showing dogs since I was a junior handler and a child.. Second nature to me.. I think I included all the possiblities here..