Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kersey got her CGC today!

Kersey got her CGC today!

My new baby girl is now CGC certified She passed the exam with flying colors and I am so proud of her! Sorry to brag, I am just so proud of her. She's such a good dog and she's been such a gem to train. I very much look forward to continuing her education and getting her some more titles. Thanks for letting me brag about my pretty Kersey girl.

Congratulations to you both! Sounds like you both put in a lot of study time.

So glad your hard work paid off.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Yeah!! Congrats to both of you!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Wow, that was quick! Good girl Kersey and good work, Mom! You two make quite a team.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Good for you! Both of you! What are your future plans for her? Agility? Therapy work? Just plain fun? In anycase, the CGC is a good first step toward a happy doggie life!

Wonderful news, Leslie!!!!! That Kersey is a quick study!!!

Hugs to Graham and Kersey from us!!!

CONGRATULATIONS KERSEY & LESLIE !!!

Very well done. Please feel free to brag all you want ,
    you both have earned it.

Way to GO!
    A big congratulations on getting a CGC.
    You have every right to BRAG!!

----<---<--<{(@

Way to go, Leslie and Kersey!

I am so impressed....two shelter dogs turned into Good Citizens! Great work!

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

Originally posted by Karen
    Good for you! Both of you! What are your future plans for her? Agility? Therapy work? Just plain fun? In anycase, the CGC is a good first step toward a happy doggie life!
    Thanks everyone I plan on furthering her obedience and at least getting her CD title next, although she's not ready for that yet. We are signed up for intermediate obedience class and we are going to go to the advanced and possibly further, depending on what our finances look like. Her school is absolutely wonderful but it's a bit expensive so I asked my husband, mom and brothers for more obedience classes for my birthday My mom said she dosen't want to buy Kersey a present for my birthday, but it's a gift to me because I love training and she's a super fast and super smart dog. She's a pleasure to work with.

I will try out agility, I am signed up for a class now and the first week starts Monday (granted it dosen't rain). We were supposed to have our first agility class last Monday but it was canceled due to thunder storms and the class is held outdoors. If she likes agility then I'll see if I can get her any titles in it. I think after she gets over her fear of the obsticles she'll be great, but she does have some minor fear issues that Graham never showed and so she may not take to agility as quick as he did. I'll keep at it and hopefully she'll be great.

I don't know about therapy work. I think she may be good but there are certain people the she's just plain timid of, and I can't find a connection as to who she shys away from and who she immediately loves. I think she's still young and she needs some more confindence so agility and more obedience will help me determine if she'd be a good therapy dog. I also do therapy with Graham and that's kind of our "special thing" so I don't know if I want to take that special thing away from Graham. I may just stick with obedience and agility for now.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone I have alot of plans for Kersey and I am determined to follow through with them. As always, I will keep you posted on her progress when we progress with her obedience and she starts working towards her CD. I love her SOOO much. I am absolutely thrilled that I got her. I think I did a really, really good job of picking her, as I did with Graham I feel really lucky.

Congratulations to you and Kersey. You must be a proud Momma to have TWO Smartee Pups!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Congratulations, Kersey, and Mom!!! Way to go!!! You must be soooo proud of her!

P.S.: Where can you get the CGC test??

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Congrats to the both of you!
    What an accomplishment! I know I felt the same way when Roxey got hers, you have every right to brag on your smart baby, and yourself for that mater!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Good job Kersey and Leslie! A HUGE congrats from all of us here!! Wow, that was fast! You must be so proud, as are all of us! Graham and Kersey, what a pair! Hugs and kisses to you sweetie!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

KERSEY, WHAT A SMART PUP YOU ARE!!! YOU'VE MADE YOUR MOM SO PROUD!!!

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..