Thread: It's a...

It's a...

MIYAGI!!! (That means it's a boy.)

The stray kitty was gone nearly all week but reappeared last night right before I was about to head up to bed. I got him in, fed him, cuddled with him for awhile and kept him sectioned off from my kitties all night.

This morning, I called all the local vets to see if anyone could see him right away. Third time's a charm! We took him in and that's where we found out he was a he (and an altered he at that), that he's only around a year old, and that while his front paws have been declawed ( ), he does still have claws in his hind paws. No fleas, no earmites. So we got him a round of distempers, rabies vaccine and blood drawn for a FIV/FeLV test. We should know the results Monday morning and until then, will keep him separate from our cats.

Right now, he's been making himself comfortable alternating between Aidan's pack-n-play and the couch. I think we'll be keeping him for a trial run to see how things go with our cats. Not to mention Samantha, when she comes back home. We do, however, have a back-up plan if things just don't seem like they're working out.

Mr. Miyagi

God help me. I can't believe we've got 5 cats right now. I just couldn't stand to leave him out in the cold - especially with us moving within two weeks - or to take him to a shelter.

Oh wow he is absolutely gorgeous. I love his markings.

Bless you for taking him in. I pray all goes well with your crew.

I don't know if I missed anything or not, but did you check to see if anyone around your area owns him. He seems to be well taken care of.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by rg_girlca
    I don't know if I missed anything or not, but did you check to see if anyone around your area owns him. He seems to be well taken care of.
    I didn't, but I've seen no posters up regarding a lost cat. I've also seen him around for about two months now - all times of day - morning, afternoon and night. If it was only ever just evening, I'd assume they let him out after work for a few hours but it wasn't. I also think he's been outside for awhile as it seems to be what he is used to. He's been yowling to go out all night/day. If he wasn't dumped, I think he escaped and it's been quite awhile ago.

He's a gorgeous boy! Thanks for caring for him!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Thanks for letting me know his story.

Sweetpea also howled to go outside and just a few squirts with the water bottle took care of that. After 2 days, she never cried again to go out and seems very content to be an indoor kitty.

Please keep us posted and let us know how the intros go.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Miyagi - what a beautiful cat - the face and the markings!

Thank you for taking this little guy in - Glad you have a plan B if things don't work out so well with your critters!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Love his beautiful markings!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Oh my, he is striking! He reminds me of Charley, a cat who used to live in a fish store (aquariums and all that). We took him when the owner closed up shop and offered him to us.

He's a very lucky boy! Bless you for taking him in; I know he is grateful.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Thats a thing that I would worry about too, whether Miyagi is someone Cat who strayed, and someone is looking for him now, and does not know enough to put posters up.
    Hes such a Hnadsome Cat.
    Is he neutered, as thats a very good clue as to whether hes a stary or not.
    Good luck with Miyagi and the Clowder.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a distinguished fellow, SOoo handsome!

Another outdoor one who had been declawed, oh my GOSH! I am very happy you got him in! Best wishes that he tests OK and the intros go smoothly.

He's so handsome. Thanks for taking him in and giving him a wonderful new loving home. I hope that he'll get along with your other cats and dog so it'll become his forever home.