Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Russell & Mixed Breeds

Welcome to PetTalk.

I have a Jack Russell/Beagle cross named Georgie, a smooth fox terrier named Lucky and a smooth fox terrier/chihuahua cross named Pepper.

In the past, I was a breed rescue for smooth fox terriers, so I also got in a lot a Jack/Parson Russells.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    I have a Jack Russell/Beagle cross named Georgie,
    Would you post a picture? I don't think i have seen one before. I would like to see how much Georgie resembles Penny. Thanks!
    Penny Lane & Daisy

I have a possable JRT or mix named Perky, she is a shelter dog but acording to the JRTCA president she looks like a decent quality pure JRT lol I am not so convinced she has a little terrier attitude but not much, she would rather sleep all day then bounce around, she is terrified of my rodents, and she is way to smart and focased for a pure terrier lol I am starting to think she may be part BC, gieven how many pure BCs I have seen that could be her twin, and given that quite a few BC experts of mistaken her for a BC before seeing her legs lol so I suppose she could be a BC/terrier/something else, there has got to be something else for her to be so lazy lol

Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Quote Originally Posted by flowergirl
    Would you post a picture? I don't think i have seen one before. I would like to see how much Georgie resembles Penny. Thanks!
    Here's Georgie, in all his glory. He's the sweetest dog we own ... but also the dumbest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	georgie1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	31733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Georgie2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	31734  
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Hi, welcome to the forum. I own an 8 yr. old yorkie mix, and I'm currently looking to adopt some kind of JRT or Airedale or Wheaten. Terriers are IMO the best group of breeds around. Low shedding (except for JRT, wow those little guys can cover your carpets!), great personality, and a good size.

folks tell me my bob is a jrt/mix. hard to say... he looks very different when soaking wet - very skinny. all that hair hides his shape well.

he s certainly a terrier of some sort. he does all that hyper stuff and can jump up and down kissing me in the face like a "jack rabbit"...

Name:	CATCH_E.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	32314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CHEW_FIGHT_A.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	32315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5375.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	32316  

Hey Bobs Dad you Bob looks like my Millie she is terrier cross and they look very alike. I am not sure about the JRT cross but definitely a terrier mix here are some pictures of her

Name:	Millie 1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	679.3 KB 
ID:	32326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Millie 2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	518.8 KB 
ID:	32327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Millie 3.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	529.8 KB 
ID:	32328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jack and Millie - Dinner Time.bmp 
Views:	58 
Size:	900.1 KB 
ID:	32329  
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

I have a tip from my vet about the shedding. When you bath them and towel dry them you should rub some baby oil into them that helps curtail the shedding you should try it it works does for me any way....

Quote Originally Posted by theterrierman
    Hi, welcome to the forum. I own an 8 yr. old yorkie mix, and I'm currently looking to adopt some kind of JRT or Airedale or Wheaten. Terriers are IMO the best group of breeds around. Low shedding (except for JRT, wow those little guys can cover your carpets!), great personality, and a good size.
    jackmilliesmom

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

thanks for telling me that, jackmilleysmom. I've always wondered about how to reduce shedding, other than brushing. Especially with a dog like a lab that sheds 24/7.

I have three Jack Russells. They're all BYB bred though and really don't resemble the breed like they should. Micki looks like hes mixed with italian greyhound, Mini looks beagle-ish and Kyra resembles a chihuahua. Oh well, they all definitely have the terrier attitude and are very skilled in the rodent hunting department!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

hey

awww your jack russells are all so cute! :D i used to have a jack russell years ago, today i have a german shorthaired pointer. :)

Do you have any pictures??? Would love to see them by the way what does BYB stand for sorry my shorthand is not great....

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee
    I have three Jack Russells. They're all BYB bred though and really don't resemble the breed like they should. Micki looks like hes mixed with italian greyhound, Mini looks beagle-ish and Kyra resembles a chihuahua. Oh well, they all definitely have the terrier attitude and are very skilled in the rodent hunting department!
    jackmilliesmom

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

Quote Originally Posted by jackmilliesmom
    Do you have any pictures??? Would love to see them by the way what does BYB stand for sorry my shorthand is not great....
    Of course..I have TONS of pictures! If you do a search under my name you could find plenty...

Here's a thread with Micki and Mini pictures
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=117178

And the most recent Christmas photoshoot (with plenty of Kyra)
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=118036

BYB stands for a backyard breeder...basically people that have two pet dogs and think it'd be a good idea to breed them (without health/temperment testing) and most just want to make money. Micki and Mini's litter was supposedly "accidental" but I'm not sure that that was the case.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I used to have a Jack Russell mix named Oliver. He is in Heaven now. I also have an 8 year old Rat Terrier

hi i am new i have a Jack russel his name is chipper he i the best doggie ever lol i my opion