Thread: Is your pet destructive?

Former User Guest

Is your pet destructive?

Yeah, they both are every now and then. Casper especially has to destroy every mice we give them, mice don't need fur says Casper! Kitty on the other hand likes to tear part stuff that she's not supposed to, like eating my hair ornaments, tearing up paper etc.

Our puppy Ginger is teething, so she is chewing everything: shoes, little furry mice (the cat toys), furniture, and she has even chewed some door molding. This past weekend we got some bitter-apple to apply on things she is chewing that she should not chew.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    My cats have never ever been destructive. They play with their mice and show them all corners of the livingroom, but nothing ever broke. Okay, the curtains have funny holes here and there, but that's not because they want to destroy them, but just because they don't know how to get their nails out of them if they try to get the flies that hide behind them.

Cookie is another story. She destroyed all the mice, she tears out ears and eyes from her stuffed animals, she chew on the remote control when teething and many socks ended up in rags.
    But not anymore. She got over it and I can leave the house to her whenever I go out.

I just have to tell you this little story. It's about my parent's dog. When my parents went to visit my sister in the US, they gave the dog to us for a few weeks. I was still working at that time, and had taken my holidays to dog-sit because it was still a little puppy. There was just one day that I had to work, because it was the last day of school (was teacher) and I had to say goodbye to the students.
    I came home and found a small black doggie in the kitchen, in the middle of a huge heap of flour, sugar, chocolate powder, instant soups and rice. The dog had gotten into the cupboards, carried out the bags and opened them with her teeth! It looked hillarious.

Oh My! That must have really been a sight to see!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I can't really complain about any of my animals being destructive these days. The cats used to push things off tables and shelves and broke a few things that way but nothing more serious than that. Bella has gotten over most of her naughty puppy ways but will still shred and dismember her stuffies in record time. At least she is ruining her things these days and not mine! One of the worst things she did was rip wallpaper off the wall! She found the tiniest little edge close to the molding that wasn't glued down all the way and pulled on it with her teeth one day when I was on the phone. Fortunately the paper is vinyl and it was pretty easy to repair. She also chewed a hole out of the corner of the carpeted stairs while still a puppy to.

Re: Is your pet destructive?

My Maggie is teething right now and she chews everything in site but my Sammie was very good; she was told to stop just a few times with items and that was it.

Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
    Yeah, they both are every now and then. Casper especially has to destroy every mice we give them, mice don't need fur says Casper! Kitty on the other hand likes to tear part stuff that she's not supposed to, like eating my hair ornaments, tearing up paper etc.
    Cathy, Sammie, & Maggie

"If you can't decide between a Shepherd, a Setter
    or a Poodle, get them all ... adopt a mutt!" -- ASPCA

Originally posted by C.C.'s Mom

I came home and found a small black doggie in the kitchen, in the middle of a huge heap of flour, sugar, chocolate powder, instant soups and rice. The dog had gotten into the cupboards, carried out the bags and opened them with her teeth! It looked hillarious.
    This made me laugh - it sounds as though she was trying to make you dinner and a dessert.

My pet is so relaxed, he never hurts anything or anybody. He is my little angel.

my rats do occationally like to nibble on things like cords. that is y whenever they are loose in my room i unplug all the wires and watch them but somehow something always has a new scar that wasnt their before lol.
    ~ratfully urs, sujei

Generally, he's pretty good. (He's a cat). He used to lay into the couch with his claws but he hasn't done that in a while. Now he likes to eat the leaves on one of my plants and then barf them up all over the carpet. Lovely!