It occurred to me on our walk today, that perhaps somebody out there knows the answer to my question about my dog, Idaho. You see, she is a mixed breed, she looks mostly black lab, but her ears are a little strange and they kind of half-fall to the side instead of down, she also has a huge chest. I _think_ she is also part American staffordshire terrier.
But the funny thing about Idaho Sue is that when she is hunting (for her pleasure, not mine) she is totally intense, completely focused like a laser beam and she often holds up her front paw and 'points' at her game, usually for a couple seconds. Sometimes, she will hold her position for minutes. I've had people in the park ask if she's a statue! I wonder, is it only pointing breeds that have this behavior or can any old dog do it? She is very adamant about her hunting and if I don't take her out where she can chase things she gets mopey. I've known labs before and they definetely got excited when they saw the shotgun, but never did they need an everyday 'fix.' Any thoughts from anyone?