Thread: First accident

First accident

Our family beagle just had his first accident peeing in the house last night.

He has been getting up at the early hours for about 1 month now to visit us and jump in our bed. We take him back or tell him to go back to bed and he usually sleeps through to the morning. Last noght though instead of heading back to bed he went into the kitchen and relieved himself. This has never happened before and he is very content and gets out planty of times during the day and before bed. He was a little sleepy last night so his last outing may have been a bit earlier than normal, but no big difference from other times he has been tired.

Thoughts?

Well here, the time change makes it dark very early. I have to feed and get them out a little earlier as I cant take them out in the dark here with the wildlife. Galina however- still needs to go back out ( on a leash of course that time of day) .. I know you already know this, but maybe an extra trip outside late at night would help. Like 9pm ...

He probably had to go really bad. Haven't you ever had to pee in the middle of the night? If its a one time deal, don't worry about it. Clean it up with an enzyme cleaner and see if tonight is a repeat performance. If not, then no worries.

I let Nicki out around dinner time, and again just before bed (usually around 10:30) She gets let out again at 6:30 in the morning when hubby gets up for work.

If he's been getting up at night & coming to you, he may have to go "out" I would take him out a bit later and see how that helps. It possible there's a medical problem bringing this on, but feed him earlier so he's also drinking early, and take him out as late as possible. If that doesn't help I'd take him to or at least make a call to the vet.
    I HAVE BEEN FROSTED !!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/tpc/ERA_110806_ARS

Click daily

I wouldn't be too concerned if it's his first accident.
    my hound, Buster when you wait to let him out, he'll have an accident in the house. usually I zip them outside to go potty after they eat or they start sniffing. does he scratch to be let outside?
    how old is he?
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

My dog did the same thing when he was little.What my dad would do (this way you know when he has to go out) is he everytime my dog looked like he was going to go on the floor my dad would say have to go outside?adn then he'de say speak! adn now eveytime my dog has to go outside he barks!It took about 2 weeks though but beleive me it was worth it! Hope this helps!