Thread: "Big Snip" Is Today

"Big Snip" Is Today

I'm leaving in a few minutes to drop Romeo off for the "big snip". Woo hoo!

Please send him good thoughts, and hope he makes it through surgery.

Romeo will be fine honey. He will be in our prayers anyway... lol.. Keep us posted. ...

I'm sure Romeo will be a good boy, and things will go just fine!
    Positive thoughts for your boy.. and for you. =) Most all owners get a bit worried when their pet goes in for an alter... who couldn't^^?

Sending goood thoughts to Romeo. Keep us posted.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Romeo, I know you'll be absolutely fine. Don't let your family know right away, though. Milk it at least a day or two for plenty of attention and exra loves .

Best of luck Romeo!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

How did it go???

yes, areias, How is Romeo doing now?

I hope everything went well for him~

I hope everything goes well! and I am sure he'll be just fine. (((HUGS)))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

It's official, Romeo is now an "it". Hahaha. He went through the surgery well, no problems. Even when I picked him up he was completely normal, like nothing happened. He tried to give the receptionist a big kiss (when she was standing up!). He really has to learn to stay on all fours but I was glad to see him just fine. He hasn't even bothered the incision. He got his microchip and his tag so he is now official.

I had the vet check out his hips while he was under-he said they seemed fine. I was a little concerned because when he runs, it's like he bunny hops, which can be sign of hip displasia. Of course we wouldn't know unless we took xrays, but Dr. Ar said he couldn't feel them move abnormally. I guess he's just an odd puppy . Cattle dogs move a little funny anyway.

So he's doing just fine, laying under my feet as I type. Thanks for the good thoughts! They seemed to have worked.

I'm glad Romeo's surgery went well! He's a good dog to not bother the incision. Nebo had to wear an e-collar, and he was not happy about it!

Glad to hear Romeo was a real trooper! My RB Cody never bothered his stitches either-didn't even seem to notice. I guess he didn't miss "the boys". I think some docs are better "seamtresses" than others, maybe.

My darling Mz Logan also did some bunny hops recently, which scared me because Cody suffered from hip dysplasia almost all his life. I didn't have Xrays taken, but when the vet maneuvered her hips, she didn't feel anything abnormal. So maybe it's just a funny run once in a while. Or...a new reason to scare me to death!

Kisses to your brave boy!!!!

I've been Boooo'd!

I'm so glad that everything went A-OK!!!

thank-You for the up date on Romeo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    It's official, Romeo is now an "it". Hahaha. He went through the surgery well, no problems. Even when I picked him up he was completely normal, like nothing happened. He tried to give the receptionist a big kiss (when she was standing up!). He really has to learn to stay on all fours but I was glad to see him just fine. He hasn't even bothered the incision. He got his microchip and his tag so he is now official.

I had the vet check out his hips while he was under-he said they seemed fine. I was a little concerned because when he runs, it's like he bunny hops, which can be sign of hip displasia. Of course we wouldn't know unless we took xrays, but Dr. Ar said he couldn't feel them move abnormally. I guess he's just an odd puppy . Cattle dogs move a little funny anyway.

So he's doing just fine, laying under my feet as I type. Thanks for the good thoughts! They seemed to have worked.
    Thats wonderful. !!!!
    As far as hips, without x-rays your vet cant tell for sure, but he sure could tell if it was bad. I have seen cattle dogs do that hop too, and there was nothing wrong with them, .. I bet he is just fine! I think its his age more than anything. Especially the males of any breed, take longer to grow up. My zubin moves like a dream one minute, then trips the next for no reason other than his rear was over propelling the front.. lol..

Glad to hear everything went well!