Thread: Bonnie

Bonnie

Bonnie died August 6,2003. She was my first dog, and she was always there to comfort me when I was sad or hurt. As she got older, we stopped going for walks, but could still enjoy a good movie together. Then, when I was at a friends' house for the night, old Bonnie layed down and died. It's hard to imagine that one moment I was laughing with my friends, the next, crying in my dad's car. Before then I had never lost a pet like that. I couldn't believe she was gone.Shortlyafter i got home, my mom drove me up to the vets to say goodbye to Bonnie. It was really hard, seeing her laying on the table all cold and still. Only weeks after we got our current dog, Sadie. She was out of a litter of 9 puppies and needed a home just as much as we needed something to keep our minds off of Bonnie. Even now I can't think about her for too long, its just too hard. For those who say that dogs are just animals, think again. Bonnie was - and is, always ill be- so much more than 'just a dog'.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Oh, the tears are falling and my heart goes out to you. That last moment, that last look, touch...it stays with us forever. Please, remember and hold tight to the warm, life and love filled memories that you hold in your heart, not those last, hearbreaking moments, that cold, sterile room. Your beautiful girl lives on in your heart and memories forever and best of all, Bonnie's spirit is alive and vibrant and thriving at the Rainbow Bridge, so anxious and impatient for that happy day when you and she will be reuinited in love. Thank you for sharing your memoires with us and please accept my most heartfelt sympathies on your loss. Come here anytime to talk. We all know what you are feeling, we truly do.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Sandra

Bonnie was your first dog, and will always be with you. I am sure she taught you so much about life, and love that continue to affect you - and everyone you encounter. And love - well, love never ends.