Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just feeling a bit down

Just feeling a bit down

I just wanted to say I miss Sammy so much. Sometimes I think he may have forgotten about me, or might not remember me when he comes to live with us again. I can't wait until I get to see him again. Kind of a pointless thread, but I just wanted to get it out of my head... and I knew you guys might understand what I'm feeling. My friends just tell me, "He's just a dog, get over it". He's not just a dog, he's part of my family. Just feeling a little down today about the move. Missing my dad, also.

For some of the new people or others that might not know or remember, here is the thread I made in July.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=108284

No one has to reply, sometimes I just like to share with someone to get it out of the brain.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

aw, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I wish Sammy could be with you now. I hope you're back together soon. I'm sure he won't forget you. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

awwww, I'm sorry. I hope you get to see him soon. HANG IN THERE

Ohh...((hugs)) trust me..I know EXACTLY what you're feeling. It's hard. Don't worry, he'll remember you!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Dab,

Sammy will most certainly remember you!!!! He's probably wondering about you too.

You've adjusted to the move so well, but, alas, you're only Human ~~~ can you imagine that~~~( a joke) You're just a Human!!!

To Sammy, you are sooooo much more!!! You're not "Just a Human" to him any more than he is "Just a Dog" to you.

{{{Hugs}}} on Pet Talk work wonders~ and like K9krazee posted, He Will Remember You!!!

Danielle, I've never really been in your postion, only when we were on vacation and Sassy is in the kennel, but Sammy won't forget you!! I promise, you guys will be back soon togather. (((hugs)))

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20
    I just wanted to say I miss Sammy so much. Sometimes I think he may have forgotten about me, or might not remember me when he comes to live with us again. I can't wait until I get to see him again. Kind of a pointless thread, but I just wanted to get it out of my head... and I knew you guys might understand what I'm feeling. My friends just tell me, "He's just a dog, get over it". He's not just a dog, he's part of my family. Just feeling a little down today about the move. Missing my dad, also.

For some of the new people or others that might not know or remember, here is the thread I made in July.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=108284

No one has to reply, sometimes I just like to share with someone to get it out of the brain.
    Honey- Making the decission to leave your baby being blind and deaf in the home he knows, was a good decission. I had a blind poodle when I was younger, and when we moved was when we found out just how blind she had actually gotten. She had the house "brailled" and could make her way around easily. She spent the better part of two months, with her tail down and confused. We kept on on a leash to learn the house and that helped, but still she relied on the leash, and didnt really learn it well. Finally a trainer told us to keep her basically in the main part of the house- removing things off of the floor as much as possible, only showing her my room to sleep with me at night. She cheered up..
    As far as leaving and if your dog remembers you- take heart-- YES THEY DO!! My dogs knew me everytime I came home ( including the poodle) from college. As you know- you are gone for months at a time. One time, later in life I had bought a new house, had a tri color collie, and the Virginia clay and no yard soon turned into a mud bath, with it being fall, the grass would not grow. I farmed out to a friend who kept him for several months until spring when the grass started. He came home, within a week, he knew exactly what was going on... YOur baby will remember you. Dont worry- and I am sure the time is coming for a great homecoming..
    Just remember, being blind he will need some more help. Try what was suggested to us. Limit the exposure of the rooms he has to learn at first. He will get it. .. If I can help more, just let me know...

Just a note to the above post, Sammy isn't blind and deaf.....her grandmother's dog is blind and deaf so they thought Sammy, being so young still, might be too much for the other dog.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to see your dad or Sammy since you moved, I know that's really hard. I hope you are able to visit him soon and get Sammy back with you where he belongs! He will never forget you, and he will be just as happy to see you!

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

(((hugs))) Sam knows how much you love him..I am sure he misses you, too. how would he forget you? you are his owner and I doubt he would ever forget you! I don't think it's very nice of your friends to say he's just a dog. I hate when people say my dogs are just dogs, no they are not "just a dog" they are my kids and part of my family.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I highly doubt Sammy has forgotten you. You're his buddy. How about if you write Sammy a letter....seriously. He will smell your scent on the paper & on the envelope and that would make him happy.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

He'll remember you. I've been in college 3.5 years and Autumn still remembers me when I come home. You'll make it.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Hey, you found a computer - good to hear from you! Of course Sammy will remember you! Just think of what a great reunion it will be when you get to see your dad & Sammy again! Will you get to see them over the upcoming holidays?

Thanks for the kind and helpful words, everyone. You guys make me feel a ton better. I think I will write a letter to him, that's a really good idea, elizabethann. Vela, thanks for clarifying that.

cyber-sibes, I got my computer working now, so I've been checking in most days. Yes, my dad will be visiting for Christmas. I'm really excited!
    He won't be bringing Sam with him, though.

Thanks again, everyone. I feel quite a bit better today.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I am glad to hear you will see your Dad for Christmas. It is hard moving away from familiar things, especially when not everyone in your family is moving with you. As has already been said, Sammy will definitely remember you. My RB girl would visit some of my family in Florida for a week once a year, and she remembered not only everything about them, but also all of their neighbors. Dogs never forget special people.

{{{Big hugs}}}
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk