My cat Oliver is 1-1/2 years old and has always been very energetic. I love him and he lives with me and his kitty brother, Beanie.
Every night, when I try to sleep, he panics. He opens up my china closet and climbs in, climbs on tables and chairs so he cat bat at mirrors and pictures on the wall and slams at them (which I am sure my neighbors in the apt building I live in enjoy) and does this until I wake up. I've removed mirrors from the wall at night, moved furniture around, but its like I have to remove and move everything every night. Its difficult. He freaks out. He starts screaming his head off at 7 a.m. even though i don't have to get up until 8 and all night, he plays loudly in the litter box, tossing litter around and scratching the walls. I love love love my Ollie, but I need to know how to deal with him. Beanie and I never get a full night's sleep with all of this going on. I have tried spray bottles with water, but he just opens his mouth to drink it. I need some training tools. I would never ever get rid of him- I just need to learn how to train him.
HELP!!!